Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Secrets of WDW Discuss Madame Leota--Biggest WDW secret? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; This one has always puzzled me...me being a magician i seem to look into things a lot.. Their are many theories that are possible for this...although the projection one is ...
    TheJohn171 is offline A-Ticket holder
    This one has always puzzled me...me being a magician i seem to look into things a lot.. Their are many theories that are possible for this...although the projection one is most likely correct! I have read many theories and i would like to share the one i believed was right for a long time but then relized how unlikely it was!....Their is an old trick called "the Sphinxs" or something like that...What would happen is a magician would walk onto a stage and place a Suitcase on it...you could clearly see the bottom of the table and see their was nothing their (or was their?) Anyway the suitcase would be openened and their would be a head...yes...nothing but a human head in an egyption headress...Then the head would come alive and say some stuff... The case would be closed...removed from the table...and the head would be gone! How you ask? Mirrors my friend Mirrors!!! By placing the mirrors correctly you could have the illusion that the underside of the table is clear and nothing is their (but their is) So i used to believe that A robotic hea was used as the crystal ball!!!

emobelle is offline Fastpass Holder

Deja vu

This is also the same effect they use for the Buzz Lightyear A-A in the Buzz pre-show

"Standby, scanners detecting more trouble in sector nine. No doubt it's the work of that notorious criminal, sworn enemy of the galactic alliance -- the evil emperor Zurg! (dun dun dun!) The robotic army is stealing crystolic fusion power cells! Without those cells, we'll all be powerless at the mercy of Zurg. Star Command picked a fine time to send in the new recruits!"

YAY!

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    it's not film, it's not mirrors, not lazers and not video. It's magic.. you see when Madame Leota was alive she was a powerful pyschic, she died but her contract with Disney did not expire, so she's still working there to this day.. she is due for a raise though.

slooger99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    there is a projector underneath of the crystal ball

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I'll tell you what.. the buzz lightyear head freaks me out just as much! Kids are yelling at me GO MISTER!!! cause I'm standing there.. staring at buzz... paralyzed.

ultimtmickeyfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    It is indeed done by a projector that is located on the wall directly in front of the table about a foot or 2 off the ground. When you start to come aroune the room, you can see a small glass square lit up and look really carefully and can even see the image of the head on the glass. And on a side note, the Buzz Lightyear head is done with a video source and is transmitted to inside of his head with a fiber optic lens. This was tried on Leota a couple of years ago, but was not effective enough and was switched back to the projector style, the way it is now.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I think it is just mass hallucinations brought on by having to stand in line with tired kids and Dole Whips. Just a theory, but I am working on proving it.

jadezuki is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Not only was Ms. Toombs "Madame Leota," but I heard her daughter is the small Bride at the end saying "Hurry Baaaack..."

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    but what will they do when the update the HM? I heard the table will be floating, so lining up the projector may be tough

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    But I am so sure they will use some of that disney magic
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    The effect looks fantastic in California, just have faith!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Ok 20k i will put my faith in disney
    for belle and her fight

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Kinda off-topic, but Friday at Mickey's NNSHP the best costume was a Madame Leota! The little girl wore a cardboard table over her shoulders and had a crystal ball upside-down over her head!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

Thats cool mrp
    for belle and her fight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12