Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Dance party each night with the characters at Toontown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I don't know if this is really much of a secret, but it was something I just discovered this weekend. I also don't know for sure that this is an ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Dance party each night with the characters at Toontown

I don't know if this is really much of a secret, but it was something I just discovered this weekend. I also don't know for sure that this is an every night occurrance, or if it was an occassional or one time thing, but I did overhear a Cast Member talking as though it was indeed an every night thing, so that's what I'm assuming as I write this.

I returned to Mickey's Toontown fair on Saturday night at about 8:40, twenty minutes before Wishes and park closing, only to find a handful of characters, (Snow White, Princess Aurora, and Pluto to name a few) having a dance party of sort with the guests and cast inside the County Bounty tent. In the few minutes I was there, I saw everything from conga lines to the hokey-pokey, photo ops and autograph signing. Even the Princesses seemed to be nosing around the shop for suveniers! I had to laugh when Snow called Aurora over from across the room... "Oh look, look!... It's you!" she said, examining a pink child's Princess Aurora costume hanging on the wall. If you are like me and love to see the characters and spend a few moments with them without waiting in a 25 minute line for 35 seconds with them, then perhaps you should look into stopping by toontown just before closing at night and see if you can catch some of them out and about in the store.

I've also seen this kind of thing on Main Street, USA first thing in the morning after park opening. Most folks who arrive really early run headfirst into tomorrowland and that kind of thing, leaving MSUSA very empty for the first 45 minutes or so almost. I love hanging out there in the morning to watch Peter Pan dragging Wendy through the shops, or challenging strapping young boys like himself to a footrace ("No flying, now Peter... you have to play fair!" Wendy told him before she said "Go!") I've also seen Alice skipping hand in hand with Wendy in and out of the Confectionary. I love seeing the characters just "being themselves", rather than simply standing at the end of a line signing autographs and posing for pictures. If anyone comes across any more places or times of day you can find the characters just out playing, please add them to this thread. I'll do the same if I find some more.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

rhodisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I thought Toontown closed down earlier than the rest of the park, since the majority of the people who visit that "land" are wee folk and they'd be maybe asleep by 8 or 9 p.m.? Do they still set off the firworks from behind Toowntown and what used to be 20,000 leagues?? My daughter would love the dance party theme though. She likes to pretend she's in a conga line at home.
    Planning our 11th trip!!!
    Week after Christmas 2007POP Century
    Loved the new Pirates movie!!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    LMAO! That's awesome.

That reminds me of a time I heard the Cha Cha Slide playing and I went to check it out. Now, you all know the Cha Cha Slide of course? FREEZE! EVERYBODY CLAP YOUR HANDS!! *clap clap clap clap clap...*
    So, I heard it and I run towards it because I love dance parties. And I spy some costumed cast members and a guest or two dancing to the Cha Cha Slide!! It was the coolest thing ever. Of course, I HAD to join 'em. I got some pictures but I don't have them with me.

Same with me Main Street USA, I LOVE seeing cast members act like themselves.

I don't know how many of you do this, but I just love chatting with WDW CM's. They're so cool to talk to. Like, most of the time, they'll just be themselves. Like, one time, I was awaiting my friends who were riding POTC. It was almost closing time for non-resort guests. I was waiting outside of El Pirata Y El Perico where I saw Aladdin just waiting around. Now, me and my weirdness goes up and says... "Where's Jasmine?" Lol he got a laugh. He replied, "Actually, I'm waiting for her." I'm taking her out to Downtown Disney to see a movie." Apparently, they were dating in real life. He told me all the stuff I was curious about, like the Utilidors and what they were like. Jasmine came by, said hi and they left through a hidden dorway down into the Utilidors to get changed back into their regular clothes.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    OMG they do?! Okay next time I go I am going to Toontown instead of Wishes. I've talked to Peter and Wendy once. They were in character which made my day. I was with little kids and they loved it. I also once yelled at Hook and kept screaming BOOOOO!!! HOOK IS BAD!!! (I wanted to say ****S but little kids were around.) And you know what Hook did?! He started mocking me and shooing me with his hands! Haha! I wonder if the CM gets a kick outta it. I like that Hook went along with my booing.
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    now how cool is that.... i will definitely have to check that out when i go, my kids would absolutely love and get a kick out of that. The Disney Outlet at the local wall, always has these great sales, so i'm always going in their for something... Well, i got my son and daughter both a captain hook hat for 1.99 (can't beat that), so while we were watching the disney dvd to get you all excited about disney, my daughter sees hook on the dvd and runs goes get her hat, she said "look mommy i'm hook too"....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by butlers
    my daughter sees hook on the dvd and runs goes get her hat, she said "look mommy i'm hook too"....
    Awww.... kida can be so cute! I guess that's why I want to be one when I grow up!

Hahahaha, Hook, you codfish!
    I'll get you Peter! ...If it's the last thing I do!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    Awww.... kida can be so cute! I guess that's why I want to be one when I grow up!

Hahahaha, Hook, you codfish!
    I'll get you Peter! ...If it's the last thing I do!
    Don, yes they can be, and my two always has me in stitches..... oh and thanks for the information about the photo pass.....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

dvet is offline A-Ticket holder
    I remember my first time at the world I was just about to do Splash but, first we had to eat lunch so we went to the Billy The Kid themed restarunt and while I was sitting there I looked out the window to see a whole bunch of charecters holding hands and moving in a circle urging guests to join in. Then I made out the song was the Hokey Pokey.
    Yo ho, Yo ho....a pirate's life for me!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    nice tip have to check it out
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    well we went back at night to go see if the lines were still open in the store to meet the characters
    and they were closed
    but we turned around and there was cinderella with a mob of children trying to see her!
    and then out from the doors on the side Princess aurora and snow white came out and started to dance around
    (i guess they do that to keep cinderella from getting beaten up by hte children
    crowd control princesses
    lol
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

[QUOTE=DisneyFREAK91]LMAO! That's awesome.

That reminds me of a time I heard the Cha Cha Slide playing and I went to check it out. Now, you all know the Cha Cha Slide of course? FREEZE! EVERYBODY CLAP YOUR HANDS!! *clap clap clap clap clap...*
    So, I heard it and I run towards it because I love dance parties. And I spy some costumed cast members and a guest or two dancing to the Cha Cha Slide!! It was the coolest thing ever. Of course, I HAD to join 'em. I got some pictures but I don't have them with me.
    QUOTE] i jump now ya'll 1 jump again! reverse! reverse! cha cha now yall' cha cha again to tha left take it back now yall 5 jumps this time!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?