Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Epcot Question in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Hey all first let me say I'm new here so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Now, onto my question... Ever since my first visists to Epcot ...
    Jedi_Galvatron is offline A-Ticket holder

Epcot Question

Hey all first let me say I'm new here so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Now, onto my question...

Ever since my first visists to Epcot as a child I was always enthralled by the Wonders of Life Pavilion at Epcot. When I went to Epcot last year in August for my honeymoon it was of course listed as being "open seasonaly" and yet was not open. Now across the internet I've seen reports that it was in fact opened over the Christmas holidays but closed for good in January. That saddened me as I'll be going back again in May. ThenI went to the official Disney World site (www.disneyworld.com) and visited the operational updates site which lists it as being:

• Cranium Command: Open Seasonally [April 2, 2006 to April 30, 2006]
    • The Making of Me: Open Seasonally [April 2, 2006 to April 30, 2006]
    And also lists the same for the entire month of May (all the way through October) I was hoping someone could positvely confirm or deny it's operational status at the moment as well as in May, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathon Cooke is offline A-Ticket holder
    It has now officialy closed for good. The drawing of the buliding may still be on the park map but i have heard that there in no writing about it so it has officially closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Cooke
    It has now officialy closed for good. The drawing of the buliding may still be on the park map but i have heard that there in no writing about it so it has officially closed.

Actually it was open recently, and closed again May 5th according to Disney's own operational updates, so it hasn't recieved the complete axe yet.

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    Last I heard, and on the Disney World website, it says it will be temporarily closed until November.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

contence is offline A-Ticket holder
    the Wonders of Life is only closed during the "off season". it is open during times when Disney projects high attendance

Quote Originally Posted by contence View Post
    the Wonders of Life is only closed during the "off season". it is open during times when Disney projects high attendance
    Thanks for the info... but it's nothing new and like a year and a half late

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I've heard it's getting a refurb for the Food and Wine Festival for some of the special events being held. Only Body Wars and Cranium command will remain intact, but the rest of the pavilion will be re-done.
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

contence is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Galvatron View Post
    Thanks for the info... but it's nothing new and like a year and a half late

your welcome! i'm at WDW every weekend, it seems

Ted Flint is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I joined as an ICP at Epcot, I fished about for info about the Wonders of Life pavillion. I got the same "Open Seasonally" response, too. I did find out that a lot of the building was gutted for the Food and Wine festival, but it were possible to re-install what was removed.

Am I right in thinking that Wonders of Life lost its sponsor? It wasn't open Christmas 07, so that kinda makes the "open during the busy season" suggestion defunct.

My guess, there's no plan to re-open it, but it'll remain there until Disney sees something to do with it. You never know, it may re-open ala Horizons should any other attraction on the East Side closes for any reason...?

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I've heard that it lost its sponsor, too. I love Cranium Command, so I'd love to see the pavilion re-open. It's too good an attraction to lose.

Ted Flint is offline A-Ticket holder
    I did hear something about Wonders of Life having lost its sponsor- it was Met-Life, yeah? I never got to see any of the Wonders of Life, I wish I had- it was top rated in almost everything I read about Disney. Shame.