Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss What is your Favorite Disney Restaurant in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by ImaMouser Has anybody eaten at the Norway castle, Akeshus? I would like to but i need to know what they serve and is it good. I didn't ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    Has anybody eaten at the Norway castle, Akeshus? I would like to but i need to know what they serve and is it good. I didn't see any posts for it here. We would be going for dinner not breakfast. What do Norwegians eat?
    get ready for all the kippered herring you can eat!!!!!!!

just kidding.
    we had dinner there about 2 weeks ago. we've also had breakfast there. I like dinner better b/c breakfast is just American food (I love American breakfast foods like bacon and eggs, but when in the World Showcase I want to experience other cultures).
    The food is:
    an all-you-can-eat cold bar for your appetizer. this consists of typical stuff like fruit and cheese and some non-typical stuff like herring salad and some kind of meat (tasted like venison) salad. overall, it's pretty darn good.
    your entree is ordered from the menu. I had the venison sirloin served over some egg noodles. the wife had some kind of seared salmon. we both enjoyed these.
    your dessert is a plate of three different desserts you can share. the only thing that is truly Norwegian is the middle one: some kind of rice pudding type thing which is great if you like kheer or anything like that.

If you like alcoholic beverages, there's only one drink on the booze menu that is truly Norse. it's a shot of some chilled Norwegian potato liquor (much like vodka). we put em down like champs, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are accustomed to doing shots of hard liquor. it's quite potent. our waitress told us that they do a shot of it on Christmas Eve.

One warning: both times we have been there there has been a looong line to check in for your reservations, and basically complete chaos from the time you arrive at the restaurant until you are in your chair. prepare for a hassle of the highest order.

but, you get your picture taken with Belle in the yellow dress (with option to purchase and/or take your own pictures with your own camera) and with numerous other princesses as well. my wife loved that. even though it was just the two of us, she likes getting her picture made with the princesses to show her mom and her little sister.

overall, out of ten, based on everything with 10 being the best, I'd give Akershus a 7. we had a good time.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Knowitall182 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i like 50's Prime Time at the studios, and The Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge

MrsBleuSkye is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love the Prime time also. What is the Whispering Canyon like. What do they have that good. It's out the way, but I'd love to try it.
    ~Stacy~

Aug, 1981- First visit. Off Property
    Dec, 1997- Honeymoon! Off Property
    Oct, 2004- Return trip. 7 yrs was too long to go back. The BoardWalk
    Sep, 2006- Ladies only. PoP Century
    Oct, 2007- Early 10th Anniversary. The Yacht Club
    Feb, 2008- Neice's graduation gift. PoP Century

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    The Sci Fi in MGM
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

Babby58 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Whispering Canyon is all about the entertainment- you have to experience it at least once!!
    Piglet Rules!!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I also love the 50's Prime Time.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Oh, okay, I'll see if we can try it this time. (The WC) Thanks.
    ~Stacy~

Knowitall182 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBleuSkye View Post
    I love the Prime time also. What is the Whispering Canyon like. What do they have that good. It's out the way, but I'd love to try it.
    Whispering Canyon really is all about the experience... the food is pretty good, but not much selection....but the apple pie for desert is heavenly

Yes, I like atmosphere as well as food... but, I can be happy with anythin.g I love limited menues. That way I don't spend forever trying to make up my mind
    ~Stacy~

stunrut is offline A-Ticket holder
    My favorite has been Whispering Canyon Cafe for many years but Boma has captured my taste buds and won't let them go. WCC is still great but the food selections aren't as good as they used to be and some of my favorite have gone.

Boma, however, is awesome! If you're adventurous or even if you aren't you can find new things here that are fantastic and the selection is quite large.
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't wipe your friends on the couch.

dtotheb is offline A-Ticket holder
    Indianapolis Indiana, hometown Baltimore Maryland
    Disney Studios = Sci-Fi Drive In

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I love LOVE- Le Cellier, it is the best steak ever (except maybe Ruth's Chris) . I really want to try Rain Forest Cafe, but my DD is too picky for the menu, need a few years. We loved Casey's Corner and Noodle Station. The best breaksast was Park Fare at Grand Floridian with Alice, Mary Poppins and Mad Hatter.

I will be glad when my DD eats a wider variety so we can try more restaurants.

The Rain Forest had this Turkey Wrap thing that I loved when we went one time.
    ~Stacy~

pink_minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hey everyone!

I'm trying to finalize the dining plans for my family's next vacation to Walt Disney World and a huge question that comes up nearly everyday is where to eat. I've been reading everyone's opinions, but had a few concerns about certain dining locations. Just an FYI: We are a party of 5 and our youngest is 23 years old. I've read that the Crystal Palace is overrated and that the food is not the best. We have reservations for breakfast. Any insights or reviews? Also, I've heard amazing things regarding Chef Mickey's, but they usually are directed to their breakfast. Is their dinner just as good? If you guys could help, I'd GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks!!!!

Here are my current favorites though:
    Magic Kingdom: Liberty Tree Tavern, Cinderella's Royal Table, Casey's Corner, Peco's Bill's, Aloha Isle (dole whips!!!!)
    Epcot: Electric Umbrella, San Angel Inn, Boulangerie Patisserie
    Hollywood Studios: 50's Prime Time Cafe, Sci-Fi Dine In, Pizza Planet
    Downtown Disney: Rainforest Cafe, Bongos, Planet Hollywood

P.S. Do anyone know if El PIrata y El Perico is still open in Adventureland????
    "When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."
    - Walt Disney

MERRY CHRISTMAS

cute_seven101 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking resturaunt

Mine is Planet Hollywood!!!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast