Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss So you wanna be in a parade? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Ever wonder how to get on a float as a special guest on one the WDW parades? Just recently, I was a VIP guest on Mickey's Jungle Parade at AK ...
    FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder

Cool So you wanna be in a parade?

Ever wonder how to get on a float as a special guest on one the WDW parades?
    Just recently, I was a VIP guest on Mickey's Jungle Parade at AK and I got to sit on the Mickey float with the Mouse himself...wanna know how?

Reply...and I'll tell you.
    The Goofy Princess

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Welcome to the site.

There is no tried and true way to get chosen for the parades as most of the CM's on here will tell you but why dont you share your story with us. We love to hear trip reports that include Magical Moments.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Yeah, I'd love to hear. Like vixen said, there is not anything you can do to get it every time. Usually they pick families with a Mom, Dad, kid around age 10, and kid around age 4
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    OO let us know. And welcome aboard fellow Miamian
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I'm going to try to get my family in the parade when we go down at the end of June. I plan on getting to the park early and talking to the people at Guest Relations. At least that is what the rep from Disney told me to do on the phone.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

True there is no guaranteed way to get on a parade but the best way I have succeeded is by standing at the rear entrance where the parade first begins at AK, right by Kilamanjaro Safaris (I think). About 1.5-2 hrs prior to the parade, a few CMs come out dressed in parade 'safari' uniforms and mingle with random guests around the area. I have been picked twice in a row doing the same thing everytime...oh and by the way, my family and I all go...which included my two parents, a 21 yr old, another 21 yr old, and a 19 yr old. You are never too old to do this! Hope it helped!!! Gluck
    The Goofy Princess

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    interesting
    I heard that that would be very uncommon though, just to let you know.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    This may seem strange to lots of you but I wouldn,t want to actually be picked to be in the parade .......................if you,re in it then you can,t really get to see it all & take your photos & video it......a lot of the fun of a parade to me is seeing it all pass bye & getting those photo memories...........there will be lots of you who,d die to be in it...............hope you get to do it......I,ll watch & take your photos

I Belle
    Maggie

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Oh I would LOVE to be in a parade. I'll try it out Imagineer. It sounds like fun. I really wanna try that with the Magic Kingdom parade though.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

ginarella is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I was 8 months pregnant with my 1st son, I was pulled out into the parade by Cinderella's mouse. And when my son was 3, he was pulled out to dance with Dopey....it was so cute, I had tears in my eyes

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    ginarella! What wonderful magical memories!

When my daughter was 6 1/2 , we got to the Magic Kingdom one morning pretty early. There was a small crowd gathering by one set of turnstiles (this is the old pre-9/11 security stations setup), and a couple of Cast Members came out by the other set to the left and started beckoning us over. We figured it was just to let people know that the other turnstiles would be opening, too, but when we walked over, they asked if my daughter would like to open the gates to the MK! She got to say the 'magic words' that would open the gates, and they gave her a Tinker Bell wand to keep, a magical moment certificate, and we all got to ride up Main Street to the Castle in the fire truck! There was one other family chosen also - we did the left gate, they did the right one. It was pretty cool!

The one thing the CM said to me, that's probably the best advice for getting chosen for one of these special things, was "If you see a Cast Member waving at you, be sure to go right on over! You never know what magic might be about to occur!"
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

What a beautiful memory, disneydame. The next time I see a CM waving, I will run right over...even if the CM isn't waving to me! hehe
    The Goofy Princess

WDWGeNIUS is offline A-Ticket holder
    Next year, I shall be in the parade at WDW. The school I'm going to goes to Disney every year and plays in the parade!

That's a guaranteed way to do get in for sure! Have fun!
    The Goofy Princess

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    True there is no guaranteed way to get on a parade but the best way I have succeeded is by standing at the rear entrance where the parade first begins at AK, right by Kilamanjaro Safaris (I think). About 1.5-2 hrs prior to the parade, a few CMs come out dressed in parade 'safari' uniforms and mingle with random guests around the area. I have been picked twice in a row doing the same thing everytime...oh and by the way, my family and I all go...which included my two parents, a 21 yr old, another 21 yr old, and a 19 yr old. You are never too old to do this! Hope it helped!!! Gluck
    I would so Looove to be in a parade. If you get picked 90 minutes till parade time, do you need to stay in that area till the parade begins or do you just have to be at a certain spot before parade time?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast