Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Say it aint so! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Recently I heard that the Gromans chinese theatre (the icon for MGM) may be being demolished. This is the center piece of MGM, and while i understand that ToT has ...
    tinkerj is offline A-Ticket holder

Say it aint so!

Recently I heard that the Gromans chinese theatre (the icon for MGM) may be being demolished. This is the center piece of MGM, and while i understand that ToT has become the modern day figure head of MGM, I still see this as a somewhat "blasphemous" act. (i know that sounds extreme but it was the best word for what i am trying to convey) Can anyone tell me if this rumor is true?
    ... Only the most elegant.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i highly doubt it becasue it houses (well some of it) the Great Movie Ride and that is a wonderful building to use as the "icon"
    i was thinking more along the lines of the Hat being the "icon" of MGM

i do not think that this rumor is true
    but that is my opinion
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I highly doubt the Mann's Chinese Theatre will be demolished. If they did I would be extremely disappointed.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Okie Dokie -

I have heard this rumor a few times. As for an exact answer...well...it may be redesigned. As for Tower of Terror becoming the new icon of MGM-Studios, The Sorcerer's Hat has done it's job. If you take a picture from the entrance of the park you will see some of the theater behind the hat. If you look at many of the press shots, you will see that the theater has been touched out. Anyway, I hope this helps.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    Maybe they should update the movies for the Great Movie Ride rather than touch the building...
    The Goofy Princess

EricaCM is offline A-Ticket holder
    Actually they have updated it.. They still have alot of the old movie clips at the end but now there are some new ones too.. I specifically remember Finding Nemo but there were a few others too!

Oh and its the end movie that Im talkin about. Not the begining one you have to watch over and over while waiting to ride.. I dont think they changed that one yet
    Goin to MGM any time soon? Let me know and maybe Ill see you! I work at RnRC, ToT and Fantasmic! Merchandise! See ya there!

My new baby bird

Ive done everest 21 times!!

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    That's just the movie clips themselves though. Wouldn't it be cool if they redid some of the movies on the ride itself, like take out Casablanca and Alien and replace them with something more current.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Perhaps they will remodel the building for a new ride/attraction, but no demolition.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    no I hope they don't turn it into something entirely new. I enjoy the classics, though adding a few newer actors/movies to the ride scenes would keep the ride up to date.
    The Goofy Princess

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I wouldn't be sad if it goes because Walt Disney believed in changing his parks so that they are always new.

they renovated the Alien part in TGMR insted of him coming out of tha cieling he comes out of a wall which i hate bcuz u can hardly c it!!!!! i loved getting scared at that part!!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?