Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Plane in Great Movie Ride in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; When I was on The Great Movie Ride and we passed the Casablanca scene the cast member told me that the other half of the plane from the Casablanca scene ...
    TwitterMouse is offline A-Ticket holder

Plane in Great Movie Ride

When I was on The Great Movie Ride and we passed the Casablanca scene the cast member told me that the other half of the plane from the Casablanca scene was over at Jungle Cruise. I just thought that was kinda cool.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It does sound cool but I don't know if it is true or not. According to Lou's book (p.162) the plane was cut in half with the front half going to The Great Movie Ride and the back half going to the Backlot Tour. Either way it was pretty cool that they cut the plane in half!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i have read that that IS NOT TRUE
    the real plane would be toooooo big to fit in there so they made a smaller mock up
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Also, why would that plane go in Disney World? You'd think that out of all places on the planet, why WDW?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I don't think Twitter means the actual plane used for the movie Cassablanca (again according to Lou's book that was just a prop) but Twitter means the plane that they use for the Casablanca scene in the Great Movie Ride. It's says that Disney bought a real Lockheed 12A plane and chopped it in half. :mickey:
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    When we were on the Jungle Cruise, our skipper told us that the other half of the plane was the one in the Great Movie Ride. Normally I would be suspicious of anything a skipper told us because they are so whacky, but this particular skipper was terrible and not funny at all...so I kinda believed her.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

daddy yankee is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitterMouse
    When I was on The Great Movie Ride and we passed the Casablanca scene the cast member told me that the other half of the plane from the Casablanca scene was over at Jungle Cruise. I just thought that was kinda cool.
    I have heard that that is true
    Daddy Yankee
    # 1 Yankees Fan
    # 1 fan of Daddy Yankee

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Ive heard a few times that the plane is the one from the movie. Ive also heard a few times that it is not the one from the movie. So who knows.
    GreatestPlace on Earth

Greatest Airline on Earth R.I.P Song Airlines