Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Secrets of WDW Discuss Disney Transportation??? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by nick.jeschke Yea, there is no reason to be snoody and rude. Not everyone is the supposed "expert" you are. Anyways, even though they may never extend the ...
    JCorduroy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.jeschke
    Yea, there is no reason to be snoody and rude. Not everyone is the supposed "expert" you are.

Anyways, even though they may never extend the monorail, I always hope that one day I could ride it to downtown disney and others. I love the monorail!
    Amen, Nick. I'd love to ride the monorail from TTC to AK. And it'd be great for it to go to DTD, that way if I'm at PI shutting down a bar I can just stumble my way to a monorail instead of wandering around in traffic trying to find the bus stop.
    " Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. "

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario

grandmarshal22 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    yeah, my sister and i always just ride the disney transportation around WDW just to walk around and look at the restorts and stuff, without going into the park. its kinda a fun way to explore the restorts, which i love. anways, i have always wondered why they do not have busses that go from park to park. but there are a lot of busses that go to the other parks from TTC, I guess its because thats the technical entrance to the park? when i was down there over spring break we parked at the magic kingdom parking lot, went to animal kingdom in the morning on a bus, came back and ate lunch at our car in the MK parking lot and then went over to the magic kingdom in the afternoon. but if all else fails, just go to a nearby resort and grab a bus to another park there, thats what i always do
    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow: Your party from Saturn has arived, please give them a ring!"

I'v been in the disney parade at Magic Kingdom 11 times! 5 times as the grand marshal!

Donaldfan is offline A-Ticket holder

I was just making a comment...

Clevrocks, I am a DVC member and I have been to WDW 5 times in the last four years. The transportation system for the most part at WDW is great, we were just curious about the fact you can't go directly from MK to AK is all.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.jeschke
    Yea, there is no reason to be snoody and rude. Not everyone is the supposed "expert" you are.
    I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was being rude. I thought I was being funny, at least that was my intent. And I'm quite sure I've never been snoody in my life. Never been snooty, either.

I guess humor and sarcasm are difficult to translate with only the printed word, and again I apologize if my post came out the wrong way.

However, it also seems there's some hostility that I provided accurate information. I take this from the sentence, " Not everyone is the supposed 'expert' you are." Please don't chide me for providing accurate information to counteract what I thought to be inaccurate information.

When I ask questions on a message board, I am always very thankful if someone gives a detailed and accurate answer. That has helped me make my WDW trips better for my family and me. Just trying to do the same.

In the future, I'll try to adjust my tone, as, again, I realize from several responses that my type of humor and sarcasm don't carry their actual intent well in print.

PEACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Donaldfan
    Clevrocks, I am a DVC member and I have been to WDW 5 times in the last four years. The transportation system for the most part at WDW is great, we were just curious about the fact you can't go directly from MK to AK is all.
    I understand that. My response wasn't in any sort of response to your OP. I was trying to correct what I saw as incorrect information provided by someone else in a post subsequent to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by JCorduroy
    To be honest, DisneyFreak said essentially the same thing you did - there are essentially 3 loops; Resort to Park, Resort to DTD, Resort to Water Park.
    I respectfully disagree that DisneyFreak said essentially the same thing as I did. If it was the same thing, it was obviously very, very unclear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JCorduroy
    Yes we do come to this site for information, but we can do it by having the common courtesy to be polite in our posts.
    You're right. As I said in an earlier post, I didn't realize how my printed word would translate. Will do better in the future.

JCorduroy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks
    I respectfully disagree that DisneyFreak said essentially the same thing as I did. If it was the same thing, it was obviously very, very unclear to me.

You're right. As I said in an earlier post, I didn't realize how my printed word would translate. Will do better in the future.
    I may have been reading things differently then.

And you're right, as a vet of message boards, I should know that not everything, despite the fact that it's text, is black and white with what someone writes.

Any way you cut it, glad to have you on the boards!
    " Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. "

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario

Taryn_dactyl is offline A-Ticket holder
    That would be crazy

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    To the OP question. It likely boils down to two things...logistics and cost. There are a limited number of bus stops at the WDW Depot by the main entrance to the MK. Most of these are assigned to current resorts and there is little room to easily expand. It would be quite costly and very disruptive to onsite Guests to try and expand that area. Since, the demand for park-to-park transportation is much lower than that for park-to-resort, is makes sense to keep that over at the TTC. I have no official confirmation of this, but it seems logical to me.

FWIW, when I want to go from the MK to DHS or DAK, I always walk to the Contemporary and catch a bus from there. Those buses seem to come more frequently over there than the ones at the TTC.

You used to be able to catch a bus between the parks and DtD but, again, they have a limited number of slots at the DtD Depot. Plus, there was a problem with off site visitors parking at DtD to avoid paying for parking and taking the bus to the parks.
    Last edited by GalPal; 03-25-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Rose Smith is offline A-Ticket holder

Interesting, I never go there, but I am planning a trip on April and I will examine this.

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    A bus driver told me they don't have AK to Mk is to monitor the parking and so people don't park at one and go to another. Similar to why there isn't a MGM to DTD because people would use MGM's parking and then take the bus to DTD.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sort of true about buses between DtD and the parks - but in reverse. It's hard enough to get a parking spot at DtD. If you added a whole bunch of folks trying to avoid paying for parking, they would never get any actual shoppers there. But, there is, in fact transportation between each of the parks - in one form or another. Only the drop off point for transfers to the MK is at the TTC instead of the bus coral. No reason to deter folks from parking at one park and taking a bus to another. They already paid for parking and only have to do that once a day.

I got really good at using Disney transportation in 2006. I decided it would be interesting to visit all the resorts and all the parks in a single day - using only Disney transportation. I did it but ended up at Saratoga Springs at about 10:00 p.m. The feat took almost 14 hours to accomplish. But, admittedly, I wasn't in any hurry. Took the time to explore each destination, ate three meals and countless snacks. It was fun but I won't be doing it again any time soon.

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
    I got really good at using Disney transportation in 2006. I decided it would be interesting to visit all the resorts and all the parks in a single day - using only Disney transportation. I did it but ended up at Saratoga Springs at about 10:00 p.m. The feat took almost 14 hours to accomplish. But, admittedly, I wasn't in any hurry. Took the time to explore each destination, ate three meals and countless snacks. It was fun but I won't be doing it again any time soon.

That sounds like it would be an interesting trip report.

P.S. I've never parked at DtD and rode a bus to a resort in my life.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12