Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Disney Transportation??? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; My wife and I have been curious what the reason that you can not go directly from the MK to AK without riding the boat or taking the monorail to ...
    Donaldfan is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney Transportation???

My wife and I have been curious what the reason that you can not go directly from the MK to AK without riding the boat or taking the monorail to the transportation center on a most recent visit. When you can go directly from park to park at all the other parks like going MGM to Epcot . I ask a cast member on a bus that I was sitting next to and he said he couldn't tell me it was a big secret.... Anyone know the reason or was it just an excuse the guy didn't really know the answer.
    Last edited by Donaldfan; 06-21-2006 at 05:31 PM.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    hmm....interesting...i have no clue....
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I never even knew that was the case..Never had to go from MK to AK...Wonder if its always been like that...

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

Jedi_Galvatron is offline A-Ticket holder
    The TTC is the hub for all non-resort transportation to and from the MK.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Well, I'm gonna guess..

To have busses go EVERYWHERE on WDW property from every destination and to every destination would really be a hastle for the drivers. Let's think about every hotel, Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, TTC, and various others. That's a lot of places for one bus driver to handle. I believe they have about 2 or 3 loops that go throughout WDW. But to have one BIG loop would be too much to handle.

The benefits of this system are also, less fuel emissions from busses driving around so much, and faster transportation of the guests to their destination.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

whitewatersf is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think it would be cool if they extened the monorail to the Animal Kingdom. Possibly giving some views of the animals as it neared.

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    But that would be really far...If anything, I think they would connect to a few of the resorts, like they have at MK...I dunoo though..

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

whitewatersf is offline A-Ticket holder
    Linking some of the resorts would be good. It is such a more reliable means of transportation

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Donaldfan
    My wife and I have been curious what the reason that you can not go directly from the MK to AK without riding the boat or taking the monorail to the transportation center on a most recent visit. When you can go directly from park to park at all the other parks like going MGM to Epcot . I ask a cast member on a bus that I was sitting next to and he said he couldn't tell me it was a big secret.... Anyone know the reason or was it just an excuse the guy didn't really know the answer.
    The T&TC was supposed to be the hub for all the parks and resorts, but the cost was prohibitive as Disney found out when the monorail was extended to EPCOT. However, you can still catch a bus to most areas at the T&TC, which many guests do not know about.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    maybe they are planning to come out with a new transportation system or an extension of the existing monorail...unless the driver was just clueless and made an excuse...
    The Goofy Princess

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    <<<oh wouldn't that be fun if they made a rendition of the sky way from MK to AK???
    The Goofy Princess

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Galvatron
    The TTC is the hub for all non-resort transportation to and from the MK.
    It's so funny how the true and correct answer is simply ignored. It may not be interesting, but it's true.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    I believe they have about 2 or 3 loops that go throughout WDW. But to have one BIG loop would be too much to handle.
    I don't mean to be rude, but have you ever been to Walt Disney World??? You think there are two or three bus route loops that go through WDW??? HUH???

Disney Transport buses provide transportation FROM every single separate resort TO each of the 4 theme parks individually (with obvious exceptions, such as there's no bus from Grand Floridian to MK, there's the monorail and a boat; POR and POFQ share buses; etc.). There are no grand looping bus routes that scour the property, touring most or even a third of the place, picking up people at many resorts and dropping them at many of the theme parks like some sort of city bus.

Most buses do not make any stops between where they start and where they stop. They pick up at one resort, they drop off at one destination theme park. Of course, there are small exceptions to this. I can't name them all, but they don't approach the proportion of any sort of "grand loop."

For example, let's say you're staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. CBR has 7 bus stops within the property. If you want to go to MK, you go to the stop nearest your room, and board a MK bus. BOOM, you're at MK. No other resort stops, no other park stops. You want to go to Epcot, go to the nearest stop, BOOM, you're directly to Epcot, and so on. I think the DTD bus from CBR also stops at a water park, so like I said there are small exceptions.

I imagine people come to this site for information. CORRECT information.

JCorduroy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks
    I don't mean to be rude, but have you ever been to Walt Disney World??? You think there are two or three bus route loops that go through WDW??? HUH???

Disney Transport buses provide transportation FROM every single separate resort TO each of the 4 theme parks individually (with obvious exceptions, such as there's no bus from Grand Floridian to MK, there's the monorail and a boat; POR and POFQ share buses; etc.). There are no grand looping bus routes that scour the property, touring most or even a third of the place, picking up people at many resorts and dropping them at many of the theme parks like some sort of city bus.

Most buses do not make any stops between where they start and where they stop. They pick up at one resort, they drop off at one destination theme park. Of course, there are small exceptions to this. I can't name them all, but they don't approach the proportion of any sort of "grand loop."

For example, let's say you're staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. CBR has 7 bus stops within the property. If you want to go to MK, you go to the stop nearest your room, and board a MK bus. BOOM, you're at MK. No other resort stops, no other park stops. You want to go to Epcot, go to the nearest stop, BOOM, you're directly to Epcot, and so on. I think the DTD bus from CBR also stops at a water park, so like I said there are small exceptions.

I imagine people come to this site for information. CORRECT information.
    There's really no reason to be snarky here. To be honest, DisneyFreak said essentially the same thing you did - there are essentially 3 loops; Resort to Park, Resort to DTD, Resort to Water Park.

Yes we do come to this site for information, but we can do it by having the common courtesy to be polite in our posts.
    " Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. "

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Yea, there is no reason to be snoody and rude. Not everyone is the supposed "expert" you are.

Anyways, even though they may never extend the monorail, I always hope that one day I could ride it to downtown disney and others. I love the monorail!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast