Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Secrets of WDW Discuss No bugs in WDW... in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; There's cockroaches in the jungle, had a couple crawl all over me and made for a rather interesting and lively cruise...
    albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    There's cockroaches in the jungle, had a couple crawl all over me and made for a rather interesting and lively cruise

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Don't let a crushed love bug come into contact with your clothes! Man, what a tough stain.

PoorNanna is offline A-Ticket holder
    My sister and I were there on a special trip in July 07 and they had to evacuate Animal Kingdom due to a bug swarm. They were these little black bugs that BIT. It was about an hour and a half before closing anyway, and they started shooing people towards the front starting at the very back. All over the park they had little first aid stands set up to help with all of the bite marks we were getting. It was quite scary and a little annoying to be bitten by all those bugs. We were trying to get out as quickly as possible. I suppose they can't control swarms like that.

Also, I've been several days this past week and at AK and at MK we've noticed a faint pepper smell. We noticed it near the monorails at MK and we were thinking someone came through with some hot peppers or something, but then we also smelled it near Dinosar at AK. I looked all around Dinosar for the source of the hot pepper smell and couldn't find it. We were thinking that it was a particular plant creating the smell, but there were no pepper plants. Then we started thinking that it was something they sprayed to keep away bugs. Anyone that knows what it was we were smelling please let me know, I was very curious!
    For all who come to this happy place...welcome.

podperson09 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    as a skipper at the jungle cruise i can tell you... there are plenty of bugs... and i have the bite marks to prove it.
    Jack Kelly: If we go on strike, then we're a union. Right?
    David Jacobs: No. We're just a bunch of angry kids with no money.

Newsies The Unsung Hero of Disney Live Action...

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Okay, not the same critters but I have seen a snake at Typhoon Lagoon. Also, last year there was a tiny mouse at Typhoon Lagoon and this really annoying kid wouldn't leave it alone. He picked it up and I told him to leave it as he was squeezing it. He got paid out, it opened it's mouth, which was bizarrely huge for the size of it, and it bit his hand. Am I evil for finding this funny?

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    I was there when the bugs swarmed Animal Kingdom not to long ago. Lol, wasn't to fun.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

kentgurgie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yeah the lovebug thing is a Florida fall tradition! kinda cool, !!!10!!!days!!!!until Imswimming in the magic!!!!!!

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    When I stayed at Coranado Springs, it was what the CM's called "Love Bug Season" There were these tiny flying bugs that stayed in pairs of two. They were all over the bus stop and even in our room! It was soo gross!

When I was in Hollywood studios once, My family and I decided to eat at Pizza Planet for lunch. While eating in the upper level of the arcade/resturant my mom saw a huge rat hiding under a dirty table. She quickly threw away our food before we even knew what was going on. Once again, soo gross!

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by kentgurgie View Post
    Yeah the lovebug thing is a Florida fall tradition! kinda cool, !!!10!!!days!!!!until Imswimming in the magic!!!!!!
    We're going in the fall this year but we usually go in May. We're always swarmed by them when we go. Guess they have more than one mating season?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

WIN705 is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation

i think i smelt it once real late at night!I ALMOST VOMITED!I GOT IN MY CAR IN BARELY ENOUGH TIME!I HAVE SENT A E-MAIL TO WDW ABOUT IT!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardlynn92 View Post
    When I stayed at Coranado Springs, it was what the CM's called "Love Bug Season" There were these tiny flying bugs that stayed in pairs of two. They were all over the bus stop and even in our room! It was soo gross!
    Yep once a year the love bugs come out to play. Disney does a great job of keeping them out of your park experience but not much you can do at the resorts. They are harmless bugs but irritating none-the-less. They have been known to literally cover outdoor spaces. I vividly remember a red bench in my yard (when we lived in FL) looking black one morning and going out to find it covered with them.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

a bump for April.

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Always a good subject. I've never found the bugs to be that horrible but in october when I was there, there were little lizards all over. Anywhere from like 2 inches long to about 4 inches. Geckos maybe? Mostly brown and green, some with brighter coloring. Lots of little kids trying to catch them...and me. They're fast little guys but it's rather fun to try. I almost caught one at Epcot.

The only yucky thing is I saw a few of them dead at Pop Century from being run over by something. Also saw a TON of snails because a couple days it was very damp/rainy.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Yep Geckos are all over the place in Florida. The house I had in Jax always had tons of them on the back deck and the resorts in Orlando are usually covered with them too... especially around breeding season.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: No bugs in WDW...

No bugs and I'm glad for it. Interesting on the spearmint.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345