Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Secrets of WDW Discuss MK flooding in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Yea the rain can get pretty high sometimes with the often downpours Florida provides....
    Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yea the rain can get pretty high sometimes with the often downpours Florida provides.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

daddy yankee is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkTink918
    I was there today, and a similar thing happened, only I was at MGM. And the parking lots, with all of the dips in the pavement, was like puddle city!! The undercarraige of my car certainly got a wash!
    More like the Tomorrowland Lagoon.
    Daddy Yankee
    # 1 Yankees Fan
    # 1 fan of Daddy Yankee

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    This happened while we were at MGM. We were walking past the 50's Prime Time place and it POURED. So we rushed over to the nearest restaurant and the guy wouldn't let us in EVEN though it was POURING. He's like "We don't open til 4!" and it was 3:50! So needeless to say a CM let us in right after that and said "Sorry" and that guy got a lot of rude comments by other people who weren't let in also.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy yankee
    Today i was at the MK at about 4:00. My family and I were going to ride the train to BTMRR and then, after we got on, it started to POUR!!! Not just your average FL sunshower but like the 2004 hurricanes all over again (i live in FL, and at least it seemed that way). Anyway, the train was offloaded so we started to run through Main St.trying to get to Tomorrowland. When we finally reached Tomorrowland, I noticed that it was flooded! Near the old Timekeeper building, water was up to my ankles at least. Does anyone know why there was a flood? Does MK have no storm drains, or was there just too much water?

HEHEHEHE It is funny that you mentioned this... I was in Disney last year with my mom and we were going to go on Stitch's great escape (not one of my favorites!) and it was sprinkling when we go in line.. Well.... We come out of Stitch and it is just POURING.. and I mean the skies opened up and it was releasing every ounce of water it had in it.. Well Tomorrowland was just flooded as well.. I mean there was a good 4 inches of water on the ground. I can proudly say I walked down Main Street barefoot and in the rain and it was the best feeling!! I loved it.. (Didn't want to ruin the new shoes if you are wondering why I was barefoot. LOL) the good part was it was pouring as it was time to leave the park so at least it wasnt the start of the day.. But yea I think they have POOR if any drainage in Tomorrowland. LOL
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

urmom1o1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This happened to me at sea world when it was totally flooded.I mean like some places were up to my mid shin in water and im not kidding.
    ~Welcome Foolish Mortals!~-Haunted Mansion

http://www.doombuggies.com/home/htm

JoDyJo is offline A-Ticket holder

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by daddy yankee
    I thought that you can't smoke except in "designated smoking areas"
    you would think so, but I have almost gotten burned by sneaky smokers many times, usually in the mad rush to empty the parks - very dangerous since they are usually held at child-level

and 162 days until I'm disneytrippin'

minikki_mouse is offline A-Ticket holder

Mgm Flooded

When i was at MGM 4 years ago one evening it absolutely chucked it down, we where in the shops near the entrance and decided to head for the car as the rain didnt seem to let up, being 17 and not being aware that lightening was striking and could electricute me me and my brother decided to take our shoes off and kick our way through the water gathering up on the walk ways, the water was just above my ankles. I live in the UK so rain like that happens once in a blue moon so i guess it was exciting to me!!!

evil doer for not letting you in!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007
    This happened while we were at MGM. We were walking past the 50's Prime Time place and it POURED. So we rushed over to the nearest restaurant and the guy wouldn't let us in EVEN though it was POURING. He's like "We don't open til 4!" and it was 3:50! So needeless to say a CM let us in right after that and said "Sorry" and that guy got a lot of rude comments by other people who weren't let in also.

Quote Originally Posted by JoDyJo
    you would think so, but I have almost gotten burned by sneaky smokers many times, usually in the mad rush to empty the parks - very dangerous since they are usually held at child-level

and 162 days until I'm disneytrippin'
    i hate people who smoke where they shouldnt i have asthma and im constantly coffing and wezzing cuz of stupid ssmoke!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I had a similar flooding experience at WDW, only mine was at the Contemporary. We had ridden the boat back in the pouring rain (there wasn't lightning...just lots of rain), and when we got back the walk to the building had LARGE pools of water. My daughter and her friend who travelled with us, stayed out and played in it like it was a wading pool...lol...they came back totally drenched.
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

WDWGeNIUS is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yes, our Florida weather (which lately hasn't been too sunny) floods the park sometimes. Here is a hint for you about this. When it's pourn down raining, stay at the park!! Florida weather is known to change within 30 min.!!! And because the "snow birds" (what my mom calls tourists) don't know about Florida weather, they leave!! Which lessens the ride lines by half!! This actually works

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12