Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Wanna save money on parking at MK in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; a good way to save money on parking at MK is to tell the people at the parking place that you are having the character breakfast at the Polynesian then ...
    gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER

Wanna save money on parking at MK

a good way to save money on parking at MK is to tell the people at the parking place that you are having the character breakfast at the Polynesian then park there and get on the monorail to the MK. that way you avoid the huge crowd at the Ticket and Transporation center and you save money.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I wouldn't try this because it's dishonest and you can get in trouble if they find out.
    Tina

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    Quote Originally Posted by gonesouthin
    a good way to save money on parking at MK is to tell the people at the parking place that you are having the character breakfast at the Polynesian then park there and get on the monorail to the MK. that way you avoid the huge crowd at the Ticket and Transporation center and you save money.:yahoo:

Disney is smarter than you think they are. You tell them about the breakfast and they will give you a 3 hour pass. If your vehicle is still there after 3 hours they will have it towed.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    When you get to the Poly the guard at the gate will ask why you are there, feel free to lie to him too he will then give you a 3 hour parking pass, at the end of your 3 hours don't be surprised if you find your car is gone and you have to pay for the tow and the taxi to go get it. They really do enforce the parking rules especially at the MK resorts. Have fun and remember to only follw the rules you like after all you're more important than everyone else so you should be able to do whatever you want.
    Last edited by HappyDznyCamper; 07-08-2006 at 09:33 PM.
    Maggie

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    yep, they are right.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

really hmmm it musta changed since my family last done it but then again the last time we did it was ten years ago. we have used the buses ever since. so nevermind that tip
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Well, on my last trip (which was just over a month ago) we parked at the Grand Floridian (we really did have a breakfast there) & just caught a monorail to EPCOT for the day. At the gate of the hotel, we explained we had PS at 1400 & they looked up our name & parked our car for us. We weren't given any amount of time, but we also asked before leaving if we could just catch the monorail & leave our car there & they explained it would be fine. BUT... we did have breakfast there for real.

PS- If you're staying on property, you can park at the parks for free.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    If you're staying on property, you can park at the parks for free.

Don't forget AP holders get free parking as well!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

o ya cuz now that i think about it we werent staying on grounds that year

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Well, on my last trip (which was just over a month ago) we parked at the Grand Floridian (we really did have a breakfast there) & just caught a monorail to EPCOT for the day. At the gate of the hotel, we explained we had PS at 1400 & they looked up our name & parked our car for us. We weren't given any amount of time, but we also asked before leaving if we could just catch the monorail & leave our car there & they explained it would be fine. BUT... we did have breakfast there for real.

PS- If you're staying on property, you can park at the parks for free.
    Did you Valet? if so, my best friend, who just happens to be a Valet at GF, tells me that valets will usually bend the rules since you pay for valet and you will be tipping them when you pick up the car later...

Probably what happened.
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Yes, we did valet, but we asked the CM's inside after we ate breakfast. I guess since they knew we ate & that we were staying on property, it was ok for us to park there for the afternoon?
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    dont DVC members get free parking???
    The Goofy Princess

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That three hour parking ticket is so bogus. You can just throw it away and they dont know the difference you are parked with all the other guest. Everytime I get one of those things I just laugh.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034
    That three hour parking ticket is so bogus. You can just throw it away and they dont know the difference you are parked with all the other guest. Everytime I get one of those things I just laugh.
    Way too many people abuse the system. We just stayed at the Contemporary in June and there were so many people who clearly weren't staying on any WDW property with no pass in their car window. I can tell you there were hardly any parking spaces left for the actual resort guests - that parking lot is not that big. What ever happened to doing the right thing?

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Parking for free is a perk for being either a Resort Guest, DVC Member, or Annual Passholder. Even then we pay for it in other ways. I think it is wrong to lie, cheat, and abuse the system and it says a lot about the people who do this. And people often wonder why prices go up.....hmmm....
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast