Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss fishing in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; i go to disney every year and spend mass amounts of money and i cant belive they wouldnt let me n my buddy go fishin in any lake or pond ...
    splashmountain1 is offline A-Ticket holder

fishing

i go to disney every year and spend mass amounts of money and i cant belive they wouldnt let me n my buddy go fishin in any lake or pond w/o paying more money...we got lucky 1 year behind the grand floridain at the 2nd parking lot(for those fisherman BIGG BASS) so ya i was just wondering if that happend to any1 else or if u just settled for paying to fish .....i love disney to death but they gotta give us a break were all not donald trump
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse- Walt Disney

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I hear that. I got annoyed that I had to pay for internet access.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227
    I hear that. I got annoyed that I had to pay for internet access.
    I agree with you about the internet access ! It is so ridiculous that I can go to a Holiday Inn or Comfort Inn and pay $60.00/$70.00 a night (and many other hotel chains) and they give you free Internet access . But I could be staying at the Grand Floridian and potentially be paying over $2000.00 a night and still have to pay $9.99 for a 24 hour period of Internet access (unless maybe if you are paying that much for a room they may throw in the internet, whoop di doo ) but the majority of the rooms you still have to pay:$$: !! Just doesn't seem right !!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Taryn_dactyl is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by splashmountain1 View Post
    i go to disney every year and spend mass amounts of money and i cant belive they wouldnt let me n my buddy go fishin in any lake or pond w/o paying more money...we got lucky 1 year behind the grand floridain at the 2nd parking lot(for those fisherman BIGG BASS) so ya i was just wondering if that happend to any1 else or if u just settled for paying to fish .....i love disney to death but they gotta give us a break were all not donald trump

... you do understand that fish aren't exactly "native" to the lakes there, right? They're all put there by Disney specifically so Disney can sell fishing excursions. Those lakes were created by Disney.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I think paying to fish is part of protecting the experience for the guests. Anyone can park on Disney property and walk to most of the lakes, so if local fisherman were allowed to just wander in, it would seriously disrupt guest enjoyment. I do not want to see fish caught, or eviscerated, especially not while paying that much to rest, relax, and enjoy. And let's look at aesthetics for a moment-picture the local fisherpeople out with coolers, picnic baskets, and rolling fish holding things, beer coolers and friends whooping it up while trolling for fish, it would really, REALLY spoil the experience for the folks who are paying for the privilege of the use of the property. So they control all of these things with a fee, which most people do not wish to pay. Internet should be free, period.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    I'm pretty sure you can fish for free at Pop Century.
    -Zac