Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Backstage MK !!!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Yes but you are flooding this post with one post after another after another. There are rules about double, triple, and quadruple posting....
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Yes but you are flooding this post with one post after another after another.
    There are rules about double, triple, and quadruple posting.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

1547820197 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan
    Yes but you are flooding this post with one post after another after another.
    There are rules about double, triple, and quadruple posting.
    gosh i am sorry
    LOL i don't know what to put on here

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    No problem, just try to stick to the topic of the post and only post once until someone replies to you.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

1547820197 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan
    No problem, just try to stick to the topic of the post and only post once until someone replies to you.
    alright
    LOL i don't know what to put on here

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Please stop making posts that contain no real content or purpose. Thank you!

Have a great day!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    We've gone backstage when I've taken my dance team to perform at MK. We were driven on the back roads to get from Adventureland(where we changed) to Tomorrowland(where we performed). I've also been behind stage of Fantasmic when we took a Dancin Disney Workshop. It kind disappointed me to see everything back there.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

TalkingHands is offline A-Ticket holder
    We go through the backstage area on the access road to get to my friends place at Buena Place
    WDW Sept 9-11, 2005

Lisbet

urmom1o1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I never drove back there because I dont have a drivers permit but there is a video on the internet with a guy taping it.
    ~Welcome Foolish Mortals!~-Haunted Mansion

http://www.doombuggies.com/home/htm

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket View Post
    I wish I could drive back there and see the tunnel the CMs use.
    I used to work in disney and let me tell you when i went underground i wanted to cry....i have been going to disney 5 times a year for as long as i can remember and i was so upset when the first thing i saw was captain hook putting on his tights!! The magic disappears!! Needless to say i did not work there very long...it took 2 years for me to push that image out of my head so i could get back to being the disney freak iam and start believing in the magic again!!! It is crazy down there...a whole new world!

FriendOfTigger is offline A-Ticket holder
    There have been several things on this thread I'd like to discuss:

First of all, anyone can drive behind MK... it's a giant loop road that runs past the contemp, near Disney University (off of Reams) and back toward the Grand Fla... Nothing special back there but the end of the monorail track (in the maintenance building)
    Second, yes, you can be expunged from the park for "exploring". Anyone walking backstage must either be accompanied by a CM for a specific reason (i.e. avoiding traffic on Main St., etc.) or you must be a CM yourself, and be wearing BOTH a nametag and a disney ID.
    As for seeing the "tunnel"... ask about backstage tours at the MK... and tell the CM at guest relations you wanna see the utilidoor. easy as that.

-Jack

------------------------
    Have a Magical Day!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpanflight View Post
    I used to work in disney and let me tell you when i went underground i wanted to cry....i have been going to disney 5 times a year for as long as i can remember and i was so upset when the first thing i saw was captain hook putting on his tights!! The magic disappears!! Needless to say i did not work there very long...it took 2 years for me to push that image out of my head so i could get back to being the disney freak iam and start believing in the magic again!!! It is crazy down there...a whole new world!
    I never let it ruin the magic for me. Work is work, play is play...they just happen to overlap! ...and in the same place! I guess not everyone can separate the two

As far as backstage..it IS different. Quite strange!
    Tina

jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The utilidors are awesome! Does one tour get a more extensive tour of them than another? Keys to the kingdom only got a very short tour of the utilidors.

Back stage is pretty cool as well. Its interesting that even once out of general view of the public there is a "sight line" that you must keep preforming until you are across.

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    For Grad Nite 2006 the buses went through the back of Magic Kingdom. I got to see all the parade floats and at the time they were refurbishing POTC and I saw some of the barrels and things from the ride backstage. We then went through the entrance behind I think splash mountain. It was pretty cool
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    yea i was back there on wednesday, they have a some hippos from jungle cruise back there ready to go in and we saw the parade floats as well!

Bahimiron is offline A-Ticket holder
    Backstage Magic also gives a brief trip to the utilidors.

However, if you've ever wanted to see just how the park gets everything done, Backstage Magic is the tour.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast