Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Backstage MK !!!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; what is going on with the person?...
    peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    what is going on with the person?
    shannon

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    As a former CM I have driven through the miles and miles of roads that are back stage, the most interesting "secret I know of is that right in the middle of all those back roads is a house and small property that one individual would not sell because when they were buying up all of the property somehow he caught wind and decided his land was worth a heck of a lot more than they were offering, my understanding is he still lives there, kind of like a thorn in their side even though over the years they have offered him substantial amounts of money. I have seen the house, an average looking place with real high fences to keep cast members and tourists out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Has anyone ever been reprimanded, or even kicked out of a WDW park for 'exploring'?

One weekendwhile I was a CM I went to the MK and it was absolutely swamped, so we used to duck into the utilidors walk in the nice A/C to the area we wanted to go if it was accesable by the utilidors that is and at any rate I got lost down there (pretty easy actually as it all looks the same basically) and ended up in a restricted area under space mountain where I got approached by a CM sternly asking me what I was doing there, when I explained I had no greater desire than to figure out where I was and how to get the heck out of there , and showed her my ID she relaxed and led me out, but I thought I was going to get reprimanded for a minute or two there, I was down near where they have all of the controls for some of the animitronics.

jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Does backstage magic get you in tours of central area I think its called central control? Also, anyone know the long and lat of that house so I can google earth it?

keys to the kingdom doesnt give a long tour of the utiladors I wanted to see more!!!!

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    I have never done this, however i have seen this! Ricky Brigante from the Inside the Magic disney podcast takes u on a trip behind Magic Kingdom with his video camera!! below is a link to the site!!

http://archive-c01m01.libsyn.com/pod...st-5-21-06.m4v

If u have trouble with the link tell me and i will get u another one!
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

No as far as I am aware there are no tours to central control, I think the closest you could come is a program that aired on the travel channel that they allowed in there (which surprised me no end) they don't give tours to areas that may tend to "ruin the magic" like the costuming areas, it would be a real bummer to see the young woman who plays mickey with her head off smoking a cigarrette, it is a no-no but I have seen it happen

jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    threeleggeddog.

Actually! the tours are closed to anyone under 16 for the exact reason you stated, they wouldnt want to ruin the magic. However, you can take tours and see where parade floats are stored, parts of utiladors, etc (keys to kingdom) and im sure much more in backstage magic which I will do next time.

In keys to kingdom you watch a video in the utiladors about the entire costume system and how it works.

Yeah they have done those tours for a long time even before I was a CM and that was in the 90's, the videos are a new thing though. There is not much I don't know from the period I worked there because a little known fact is that the call center people are supposed to know basically everything about every park , resort, and you name it, unless it has changed rhey had a special intranet just for them so they could answer basically any question a guest would ask, from when's the best time to book the character breakfast with the princesses in the castle to where and when the characters are scheduled to appear on a given day. Actually the best way to find that out is to corral any CM in the park and have them call the character hotline which gives up to the minute in case of changes in schedule. Most of the people I talked to way back when thought the tours were a rip off because you really didn't get to see much, but maybe they finally took all of that feedback and made some positive changes, which would be good. When I first started working there I thought the utiladors were uber cool but after a while they were just tunnels, although very handy to beat the heat and the crowds if the knew the system well, but obviously only CM's could take advantage of that, the other thing I liked was that back stage in all the parks and basically at the tunnel entrance to the utiladors were the cast cafeterias, and the food was great and a heck of a lot cheaper and had healthies choices than in the parks, it was also interesting to meet CM's from all the different areas, I got to meet one of the tink's who does rhe flying from the castle to backstage that way, she was an incredible sweetie, cute too. anyway there are some really cool things to see backstage, but once you get over the novelty of the utilador backstage at say the AK is way cooler in my humble opinion.

joepic is offline A-Ticket holder
    are there any pictures floating around of these? i've never seen them and it would be pretty cool to see what they're really like. I know i've looked at satellite images but I could only locate where the special CM's park, nothing else

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney

August 2008 - Contemporary
    , 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary

Are you talking about pictures of the utiladors? I used to have some of friends that I took while in them but I haven't seen them for years, as far as a sattelite photo, they are all under greound, you might see the entrance tunnel, it is behind fantasyland and there is a parking lot just beyond them with a big mean security officer guarding the gate from the parking lot to the utiladors. I do kind of miss being able to park in Cast parking and entering in from behind, I have never liked wading through crowds too much, I'd go back to work there just for the access and the passes but 1) I am no longer able to work, and 2) I am just finishing up a lawsuit with Disney over my broken back and I doubt they will be happy with me after writing a check with 7 large digits, actually since it will be a structured settlement it will probably end up being 8 digits in 10 years or so, but I would trade every penny to be out of pain and able to work and walk normally.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i have done the keys to the kingdom tour
    we learned alot of interesting stuff. We saw backstage by splash mountain where the parade floats are kept. we saw backstage behind main street where they store seasonal signs and where the jungle cruise is connected to get the boats fixed or something. then went into the utilidors like a big basement but maybe a tad bit cleaner saw tigger with no head and wearing a backpack resting (tour guide told us he was supposed to divert our attention so we didn't see him) we walked around for about an hour down there. all the parade performers we getting ready for their roles in the parade (ever see cinderella in jeans? or ariel with legs?) it was neat to learn all this stuff!!

i would suggest to do this tour
    we also rode a few rides learning intersting facts and other stuff
    jungle cruise we didn't have to hear the jokes!
    our tour guide told us everything walt wanted and all...
    go do this tour!!!!!!!
    fun!!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

sounds like they have majorly changed for the bette, they used to show you a couple empty corridors basically and point out the rumbling sound you are hearing is the garbage systam installed so people would not see trash being emptied. It really did not used to be worth the bucks. I think i'll pass though I've spent too much time down there as it is. Did they tell any of the ghost stories or mysteries about the utilidors in the tours. they are really creepy at night when you are alone down there, all sorts of weird noises and things have been seen.

Quote Originally Posted by threeleggeddog View Post
    Are you talking about pictures of the utiladors? I used to have some of friends that I took while in them but I haven't seen them for years, as far as a sattelite photo, they are all under greound, you might see the entrance tunnel, it is behind fantasyland and there is a parking lot just beyond them with a big mean security officer guarding the gate from the parking lot to the utiladors. .

yeah, pictures would be pretty cool, I searched around but I was unable to find anything interesting. I know they're underground, i'm talking about the back roads and such, you said before, with the roads and there still being a house around

Quote Originally Posted by threeleggeddog View Post
    As a former CM I have driven through the miles and miles of roads that are back stage, the most interesting "secret I know of is that right in the middle of all those back roads is a house and small property that one individual would not sell because when they were buying up all of the property somehow he caught wind and decided his land was worth a heck of a lot more than they were offering, my understanding is he still lives there, kind of like a thorn in their side even though over the years they have offered him substantial amounts of money. I have seen the house, an average looking place with real high fences to keep cast members and tourists out.
    any pictures of that house? that would be pretty cool to actually see

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney

, 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary

I never took any pics back there, it really is in the sticks and the word is the gentleman who owns it is none too friendly, I can believe it from the looks and height of his fence, I bet it is electrified and there are many no tresspassing signs too, so I decided it was best to leave well enough alone, it might be visible on one of the sattelite deals like google earth. I will see if I can find any of my old pictures, but they are pretty boring, all they would show is folks you don't know and concrete walls, I might have some from the cast cafeteria with characters in various states of disrobe, i.e. donald with only his bottom on or the such but quite obviously no nudity implied by the various states of disrobe.but no promises I haven't seen them in years and I've moved a few times since then so they might be in storage. Especially since we are planning another move for retirement purposes to North Carolina, although we might keep our Florida villa depending on what my settlement ends up being from my broken back.

i'm assuming no pictures of the small property?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast