Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Backstage MK !!!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by threeleggeddog I might have some from the cast cafeteria with characters in various states of disrobe, i.e. donald with only his bottom on or the such I ...
    aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by threeleggeddog View Post
    I might have some from the cast cafeteria with characters in various states of disrobe, i.e. donald with only his bottom on or the such
    I don't think that's a very good idea.
    Tina

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    oh no that would ruin the magic and seem almost inappropriate...
    The Goofy Princess

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by joepic View Post
    i'm assuming no pictures of the small property?
    You know I'm really not sure, I have to get help to get the box with the albums from back then out of storage, even though I can still drive I find it very difficult as my right leg does not have much function or feeling left in it. I asked my wife to help and we will go over to the storage locker tommorrow (Sunday) after Church if I am up to it. Travelling in a vehicle for any length of time and sitting up in the pews if I am having a bad day can leave me bed ridden for two or three days, but I am fairly confident we can get over there, then finding the right box and album will be fun since I will be strolling down memory lane. Give me a few days and I'll see what I can find, I might have snapped a shot of the place through the car window since it is si incongrous looking like a small armed camp in the middle of Disney.

By the way I promise to keep all half dressed characters to my self so as not to ruin anyone elses magic.

joepic is offline A-Ticket holder
    no, don't worry about it. you dont have to go through all of that just to find some pictures, i'll keep searching online and maybe be able to find something, maybe i'll look deeper into satellite photo's.. .

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney

August 2008 - Contemporary
    , 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary

jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Any pictures are game in this forum, half dressed characters etc. After all this is the "disney secrets" forum and anyone who doesnt want magic ruined shouldnt be in here!!!!! lol.

What are the details of your injury that would cause you to file a lawsuit with disney?

Quote Originally Posted by jasong618 View Post
    half dressed characters etc.
    Actually, these pictures are very against the rules with Disney. Like, very, very against the rules.
    Tina

Actually Joe, I don't mind, like I said I haven't seen them in a long time and it will be a trip down memory lane for me, as for what type of pic I choose to post I don't like to ruin things for other people, and I know of adults who have seen characters in mid costuming and it really has just ruined it for them, much less the kids who probably read this forum so why would I want to do something so meanspirited? As to the lawsuit, I was injured due to gross negligence on the part of Disney, even though I love Disney no one is perfect. There was a ramp built out of code, the code is easy to find by the way as it is a national code every state in the union has adopted, it is spelled out specificallt in the Americans with Disabilities Act. According to the two CM's who witnessed my accident several other people had already fallen from it that week and it had been reported but nothing done to correct the issue, and we are talking about maybe $10.00 of plywood and a 1/2 hour of time. My back was to the ramp which was not even as wide as the pathway and blended in with the surroundings (in other words I never saw it) I took about a 1/4 step backwards to plant my foot and pivot to go in the opposite direction and my foot landed half on and half off the rampand when I put myweight down it caused me to pitch forward and spin, To quote the CM who witnessed it "I looked like gumby) I broke my back in several places with microfractures, blew out 4 discs immediately, and did some extensive nerve damage, it has been a progressive thing getting worse all of the time to the point I am now in a chair. I asked Disney to help out back when we really did not realise nor did the Dr's how badly injured I was with just the basics Dr's bills, replace our tickets for the day, and if I missed any time off. They told me to get lost and get a lawyer if I did not like it, so I did. Since then I have been followed (No big deal there) had my house broken into and bugged (I can't prove they did it but no one else has anymotive for doing so) and basically every smear tactic and dirty trick you can imagine played, but the have lost every hearing but one, and are now going to the mediation table with me in a week or so at which they have made noises that they are ready to settle. It is my hope they offer a fair settlement and we can move on with our lives since I need more surgery I can't get until this thing is over. Now understand I am not too thrilled with Disney upper management and their cadre of Attorney's right now, but I always have and always will love disney, because senior management and the attorneys are not the ones who make the place special and provide the real magic for the place, it is all of the people standing behind kiosks or sweeping up messes, cleaning resort rooms or whatever that create the magic and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by aeronautxearth View Post
    Actually, these pictures are very against the rules with Disney. Like, very, very against the rules.
    Actually the pictures are not of those characters, they are of my friends and the characters are in the background and aren't supposed to be in the cast cafeteria like that anyway because they do bring tour groups and the such through there, but they do it anyway, just like on occassion you will catch on in partial costume at the back of the tunnel catching a cigarette, a real no-no but human nature is human nature.

I still wouldn't post the pictures if I were you, for litigation purposes.
    Tina

Quote Originally Posted by aeronautxearth View Post
    I still wouldn't post the pictures if I were you, for litigation purposes.
    I'm really not worried about the lawsuits, I am more concerned about some child being on this site and seeing them, and ruining it for them. My fondest childhood memories are of meeting, Mickey and the gang when we came down here every summer, since opening week. Don't worry any pictures I post won't have anything in them that would tend to ruin the magic for others, I apologise if I was unclear about that.

By the way, there were no strictures put upon us while I was working there regarding taking pictures in the utilidors except in areas like costuming or in the control rooms, truthfully there is not much to see down there in the tunnels that is all too interesting unless you happen to be an engineering student. I've never understood the big deal about people wanting to get down there and look around. I mean even on our tour after we got hired it was like and this is so secret why?

yeah I think it would be a good idea not to post any pictures of the characters, although maybe a picture of the property in the Magic Kingdom would be sort of neat, but I don't think it's a good idea to even go and look for the pictures in your condition, maybe you should wait a while

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney

, 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary

jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    were you working when you got injured? no workers comp??

I agree 100% with your statements. It is the low on the chair CMs that make disney special. It was walt that made it special. These exec guys arent the ones in the park greeting people and waving goodnight as everyone leaves MK. Theyre sitting in the offices collecting cash.

Walt and Roy built a beautiful thing. The low end CMs keep that magic alive. I think that although many of the higher up executives may very well have the "magic" in their hearts, they should fully recognize that it is all of the characters and ride operators, hotel staff, bus drivers, etc that make the Disney experiance magical.

I would love to get hooked up with those pictures? Maybe we can exchange outside of this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by jasong618 View Post
    were you working when you got injured? no workers comp??

I agree 100% with your statements. It is the low on the chair CMs that make disney special. It was walt that made it special. These exec guys arent the ones in the park greeting people and waving goodnight as everyone leaves MK. Theyre sitting in the offices collecting cash.

Walt and Roy built a beautiful thing. The low end CMs keep that magic alive. I think that although many of the higher up executives may very well have the "magic" in their hearts, they should fully recognize that it is all of the characters and ride operators, hotel staff, bus drivers, etc that make the Disney experiance magical.
    I can't totally agree with you, because I don't know much about the executives, but you make a very solid point, and I can totally understand how the CM's do keep the magic alive. Although I wouldn't want to see those pictures, at least the character ones.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast