Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Books about WDW history in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Please suggest the best books about WDW history. These could be both 'official' and 'unofficial' publications. I saw a beautiful book on the history of imagineering when I was at ...
    PurpleChez is offline A-Ticket holder

Cool Books about WDW history

Please suggest the best books about WDW history. These could be both 'official' and 'unofficial' publications. I saw a beautiful book on the history of imagineering when I was at WDW this spring; although good illustrations are definitely a plus, I'm not interested in a coffee table-type book so much as copious nuts & bolts about how the place has been built, from planning and property acquisition on up, engineering tidbits, on and on. I'm even interested in books that might be critical. For instance, I've read very good things about "Vinyl Leaves" -- supposedly a critical look at WDW although the author actually enjoys the place. Thanks for any suggestions!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Well, of course there is the obvious, which is Lou's book , Walt Disney World Trivia Book, set in a question and answer format. Besides that, I don't have these other books but I have heard they are pretty decent:
    1. Since the World began http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...lance&n=283155
    2.Inside Disney (not as highly recommended as Since the World Began)
    3.Modern Marvels: Walt Disney World (not a book but a dvd) but still pretty interesting http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

cassie9 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking

I have a book that is hidden mikeys but it touches on history