Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss WDW aerial view in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I recently pieced together an aerial view of the main portion of the WDW/RCID property and labeled the parks, resorts, and other major attractions.I labeled just about everything listed on ...
    PurpleChez is offline A-Ticket holder

Cool WDW aerial view

I recently pieced together an aerial view of the main portion of the WDW/RCID property and labeled the parks, resorts, and other major attractions.I labeled just about everything listed on several official WDW maps I found online, as well as a small number of non-public sites I could identify by appearance (monorail barn) or from topographical maps (sewage treatment). I'd love any help in identifying other sites. There are numerous large back-stage sites visible from the air. I'm also thinking of:

*the Reedy Creek Fire Station, which I saw frequently during my last visit, but which I cannot locate on the map

*the c. 1970 preview center, which I believe still stands

*"secret" air strips, helipads;quirky or unusual stuff, weird stuff, anything

In its current form, the photomosaic is high-resolution and is thus a MASSIVE file. If anyone is interested in contributing, I can try to post a smaller-sized version of the image but still with enough detail to identify various sites.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    The runway (airstrip) is pretty easy to find. If you look to the east side of the parking lot for the Magic Kingdom, you will see a "road" with a loop and ramp on the north west end. That would be the airport. If you use google maps in the satellite or hybrid mode, you can see it clearly.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I believe the preview center is on Hotel Plaza Blvd. and is now the athletic club. Look for a low building between the high-rise hotels sort of across the street from the Hotel Royal Plaza.

There are several fire stations. #1 is on Buena Vista Drive, and #4 is near Saratoga Springs. Sorry I don't have more details than that, or where #2 and #3 are.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Ive seen one of the fire stations on my last visit. Disney themes everything, its really cool
    GreatestPlace on Earth

Greatest Airline on Earth R.I.P Song Airlines