Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Tomorrowland Terrace - WDW - Pre-Cosmic Ray's in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Ok, this is going to be a long shot. Before Tomorrowland received it's crazy makeover, Cosmic Ray's was known as the Tomorrowland Terrace. It had this great red and orange ...
    petermeansrock is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Tomorrowland Terrace - WDW - Pre-Cosmic Ray's

Ok, this is going to be a long shot. Before Tomorrowland received it's crazy makeover, Cosmic Ray's was known as the Tomorrowland Terrace. It had this great red and orange "futuristic" color scheme. Now to my question, can anyone name the song that played over and over again inside? I don't believe it's Disney specific, it seemed pretty generic. I think it even appeared in an episode of Animaniacs.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    sorry i have no idea, but welcome anyway!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I remember Michael Iceber, and some of the other preofrmers there... not sure what specific song you're refrring to...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    I remember Michael Iceber, and some of the other preofrmers there... not sure what specific song you're refrring to...
    The song wasn't performed. It was merely the Tomorrowland Terrace's "idle" background music.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    We saw Michael Iceberg and his Ice Machine play the Barogue Hoedown years ago. I still think of that anytime I hear it.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sorry, I have NO idea!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    This Sounds like a question for Mike Newell of mouse world Radio and the WDW Today podcast you might want to try emailing him

You can use his link in thier contact forum:
    http://wdwtoday.com/profiles.php?uid=4

or just email questions@wdwtoday.com and put question for Mike Newell in the topic . ...in fact now that I've done all that, I'll go ahead and write him...I'll just compose the message here so y'all can see what I'm going to write...

Hi Mike,
    I saw a message over at WDW trivia.com, where I hang out a lot, and it had a question that seemed right up your alley. This question was from a user named "petermeansrock" but I think a lot of us disney music lovers woulsd like to know:

Ok, this is going to be a long shot. Before Tomorrowland received it's crazy makeover, Cosmic Ray's was known as the Tomorrowland Terrace. It had this great red and orange "futuristic" color scheme. Now to my question, can anyone name the song that played over and over again inside? I don't believe it's Disney specific, it seemed pretty generic. I think it even appeared in an episode of Animaniacs.

Just to clarify a later post mentioned that the song wasn't performed. It was merely the Tomorrowland Terrace's "idle" background music, not something Michael Eisneberg or some other live performer would have played,.

My guess is since if it was used in other productions, it's one of those pieces of music like the stuff from Disneylands old Peoplemover loop, or the omnimusic tracks from the Wonders of Life Pavillion that use music from sets of albumbs or CDs that are made specifically for "audio production work professionals" (like people who make commercials for radio and TV stations) .

and heres a link to the tread over at DWT:

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...086#post335086
    Last edited by bigbrian-nc.com; 10-21-2006 at 07:28 AM.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Hi Peter, Mike sent this reply:
    Hey Brian,

I kind of have an idea of this track.

Ask if it also played in the opening title sequence to Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.

Mike
    MWR

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com View Post
    Hi Peter, Mike sent this reply:
    Hey Brian,

I kind of have an idea of this track.

Ask if it also played in the opening title sequence to Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.

Mike
    MWR
    Currently trying to find a copy of the movie. I'll get back to you as soon as I can dig it up. Thanks for your help so far though.

WOW, Raymond Scott's "Powerhouse." Nice job!!! The part I remembered best was:
    http://wfmu.org/Sounds/pwrhse.au

Thank you! Thank you so much!
    Last edited by petermeansrock; 10-22-2006 at 08:46 AM.