Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Best Disney Resort in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I've stayed at Pop Century 3 years in a row now, and I like it. It was fun and convient. When I was 8, we stayed in the Grand Floridian, ...
    cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've stayed at Pop Century 3 years in a row now, and I like it. It was fun and convient. When I was 8, we stayed in the Grand Floridian, and that is still my favorite resort. And only 12 months and 6 days until I get to spend a week there!!! 19 years is too long to wait!!!

broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    ive never stayed at the contemporary *sp* but id really like to.
    Its a Small World after all.

disneyfan2007 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have stayed at All Star Music and Pop Century. I have to say I liked All Star alot better it was my first time there and it was really awesome and I LOVEDthe theme but our room was farther back from everything so staying at Pop Century was also a great time. Im going next APRIL!!! And we are going to either Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach any suggestions on which ones??

"All dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

caribbean. alot better than coronado springs. always up beat atmosphere, good music and food, feels like your on an island!!! imagine that.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I can't wait to stay at Wilderness Lodge. I have wanted to stay there ever since I have heard that they were building it.

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    If you couldn't figure it out from my name, my favorite is the Polynesian. It is the first Disney resort I ever stayed at, all the way back in 1981. It is also the place that I got married. Sunset Point is a beautiful spot to tie the knot.
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

mikelynn91 is offline A-Ticket holder

Fort Wilderness Cabins rock!

We were so fortunate in 2003 to have all our (small) family together at WDW. Both sets of parents RV so they parked on the same block and we rented a cabin. We threw our daughter's footboard scooter in the van and she had a blast "scooting" between grandparents. The cabin offered a great place for the family to gather for meals and for dessert after the long days. Fantastic memories of a fantastic place! Perfect for our little threesome plus two sets of RV grands!

All the best Disney days to you!
    mikelynn91

2003 - Fort Wilderness
    2005 - All Star Movies
    2006 - All Star Music
    2007 - Pop Century
    2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 - All Star Movies

jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I stayed at the Yacht Club for my Honeymoon and loved it! Very elegant, centrally located to all the parks and the Boardwalk is really nice to walk at night. You can sit at the beach, enjoy ice cream from Beaches and Cream and watch Illuminations.
    Carribean Beach Club stinks. Hated it. Maybe because I'm jaded from being evacuated and placed into the convention room in the Beach Club due to Hurricane Floyd.
    Now that we have a daughter we've stayed at the All Star the past 3 years. We love it! It's geared towards kids so it's easy to get food and the pool is centrally located.

Mickey08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Wilderness Lodge Villas ----- You can't go wrong with this resort.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    No Contest...

The Polynesian, hands down. I'll never stay anywhere else if I can help it!

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

why do u hate the caribbean?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos271 View Post
    why do u hate the caribbean?
    It's just not our cup of tea. The resort is beautiful and very reminescent of Jamaica, but it's way too big especially if you stay on the outskirts, which we did. Being so far out, it's a long walk to the resort restaurants. The bus service was slow and there were times a MK bus would not come for 20 minutes. We also stayed there when Hurricane Floyd hit. The parks closed down and we were evacuated (in fear the resort would flood) and placed into the Beach Club conference center. It was a huge room with 100's of other guests, so it wasn't a good experience. Some people love it, we'd prefer to stay elsewhere.
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've heard the same thing from people that stayed at the Caribbean..it's too spread out, and the bus system only goes in one direction through the resort, so you're either in for a long bus ride, or a lot of walking to get in and out...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

bring a car it goes alot smoother. give it another shot im sure u will like it. the conditions just werent right for you. try going in early october.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos271 View Post
    bring a car it goes alot smoother. give it another shot im sure u will like it. the conditions just werent right for you. try going in early october.
    This will be the 3rd year in a row we've gone in late October and we're staying at the All Star to keep it affordable and because it's so convenient (with the food court and the SHORT bus walk) when travelling with a little one. The next time we go we're going to try the Polynesian, we've heard some awesome things about that resort. With so many resorts to choose from, I can't imagine that we'd ever bring ourselves back to the Caribbean Resort, unless it's free! You know the old saying, if it's free-it's for me-I'll take three!
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast