Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Christmas At WDW??? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; We are going to WDW in December and it is our first time there around the Christmas holiday. Any suggestions on what to see and where? I have heard that ...
    100acrewoods is offline A-Ticket holder

Christmas At WDW???

We are going to WDW in December and it is our first time there around the Christmas holiday. Any suggestions on what to see and where? I have heard that one of the resorts has a real life sized gingerbread house that is really cool but not sure which one? Any suggestions??

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Depending on when you will be going, I'd recommend MVMCP to you. That's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It's select nights at the MK and a hard ticketed event. It's a lot of fun. My DH and I have done this numerous times.

There's also the Candlelight Processional in Epcot at the American Pavilion. You can purchase the CP Dinner package for guaranteed seating, but you don't need it...although you may not get a seat w/o lining up really early. "Seeing" this presentation isn't really necessary unless you are interested in the celebrity narrator.
    CP is the retelling of the Christmas story with a live orchestra, choir, and celebrity narrator.

Also in Epcot around the World Showcase are Holiday storytellers. each country has someone telling stories. I enjoyed these.

AK gets Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. Basically, a Christmas twist on the the regular parade.

MGM gets Osborne Family lights spectacle.

As for hotels, I'd recommend seeing Grand Floridian, Beach Club , Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge decorations. The life sized gingerbread house is at the Grand Floridian.

http://allearsnet.com/tp/holiday.htm

This is one of my favorite times of year to visit, along with late October.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Welcome to DWT, 100acrewoods!

All the deluxe resorts do something special with gingerbread and/or chocolate, but the house is at the Grand Floridian, as Amanda mentioned. Beach Club does a gingerbread carousel that is really nice, too.

Candlelight Processional is beautiful to hear and see. The lines may be long, but they can accommodate a lot of people, so even if you're at the end of the line, hang in there. Last year we waited at the very end of the line even after the show had started (we actually had a fairly good view from there), and they ended up seating us in the very front row (I guess they are VIP seats that if they aren't filled by showtime, they are opened to regular guests, but I'm not sure about that).

Osborne Lights are cool to see, but they can be very very crowded, and aren't lit for that many hours each night. Best bet is to line up before the lights are turned on. The Lights are on the Streets of America.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I can't think of a thing to add to what has already been written, but I'm sure you'll be dazzeled by the decorations. I can't imagine anyone not leaving the Candlelight Procession at Epcot without having a holiday feeling no matter who the reader is. The music is inspirational. Have a great time.
    The Mickey Santa ears will keep you warm should the temperature drop a bit. We were there about a week before Christmas in 2004 and we wore leather jackets, scarves, gloves and hats. Keep that in mind when you are packing.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Play the winter side of winter summer land golf, and be sure to visit Marketplace during the christmas holiday, it will sure put you in a joyful mood.
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

100acrewoods is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for all the good info! We are really looking forward to seeing the sites at Christmas time even more now. I just found this site and really love it.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    There is also a Yuletide Fantasy tour that is over that tells all about WDW holiday traditions

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    I didn't know about all of this!!!! Good topic.
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    my family and i went to wdw for christmas 1999 and new years 2000 when we went the weather was record low so make sure to pack some warm cloths.... get to the parks early because they fill up quick!!!! make sure you see the osborne spectale of lights at MGM it is amazing!!!! also when you're at Epcot go to each country to see santas from around the world!! my absolute favorite was Mickey's Christmas party and the parade it just puts you in the disney holiday spirit! i need a disney christmas now!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

dizny1 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Everything already mentioned is wonderfulI can't think of much else, except if you do get to DTD Marketplace, be sure to check out Santa (adults as well). He is the best...straight from the North Pole

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Regarding the weather, it is very variable this time of year. In 2001, we had 85F with 100% humidity. The week after we left the temperatures plummeted from what I heard. In 2004, we started out warm and by the end of our trips even my polar bear husband was wishing he had a jacket. You may need to pack a bit of everything and be prepared to wash clothes.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I also highly recommend going to see all the gingerbread houses at the Deluxe resorts....a must see is the one at the Grand Floridian.they are all fantastic and I can't wait to see them again during Mousefest

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    Can you go in and out of these gingerbread houses?
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    the one at the Grand Floridian is large enough to house a small store (kind of a counter in the back with a few people behind it, you don't actually get to go inside yourself). The others are smaller, except the Beach Club's carousel, which is a little larger than the kiddie ones you might find in a shopping mall.

Here's the GF house from last year:

and the Beach Club carousel:

and just for comparison, the Boardwalk's Santa's Workshop:

I believe the displays are different every year, so it's worth going to see them.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    SEE You all there!
    Last edited by nicks_ahoy; 11-05-2006 at 11:55 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast