Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Dream Finder is {somewhat} Back! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; On JIIWF at epcot there is a rememberence to DreamFinder, a character that was formerly in that ride. On one of the doors you pass in the ride, one door ...
    Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder

Cool Dream Finder is {somewhat} Back!

On JIIWF at epcot there is a rememberence to DreamFinder, a character that was formerly in that ride. On one of the doors you pass in the ride, one door is labeled" Dean Finder". Talk about awsome!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I have seen that but I would still prefer to have the real Dreamfinder back.

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    A little tribute, but I would prefer the real Dreamfinder be brought back to the attraction.
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

snuffieslady626 is offline A-Ticket holder
    ok my interest is peaked..................what is or was it?
    This is your badness level.

It's unusually high
    for someone your size.

montana is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree, can you clarify for this newbie?
    Wish we were back in WDW!

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I must have been 4 when I rode the ride with dreamfider, so I barely remember him
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

i think im going to epcot in a few weeks i will try to take a pic of it
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    i have seen that door, i dont think i ever rode the ride with dreamfinder, but i know who he is
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Dreamfinder was the host of the original Imagination pavillion and ride. He is the man who sang "One Little Spark" and created figment with his flying dream machine.

(photo from Walt Dated Word)

He was often found roaming the park with a small puppeted/animatronic figment.

(photo from Walt Dated Word)
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 12-06-2006 at 02:09 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Oh and as a note - - there is a second tribute to the Dreamfinder and his flying machine in "Mouse Gears" at Epcot. A modified version of one of the flying machines from the original ride is found hanging from the ceiling.

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

montana is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks so much for the pictures and sharing so much!

I can see I have so much to learn, can't wait!

Montana
    Wish we were back in WDW!

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    Great info Jen I actually went to EPCOT in the beginning of November for the F&W Festival and made my routine stop into Mouse Gears. Seeing this in there was fantastic. It brought back so many memories! I hope they never take this out of there! This shop has so many cute details and is such a great store.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJen View Post
    Oh and as a note - - there is a second tribute to the Dreamfinder and his flying machine in "Mouse Gears" at Epcot. A modified version of one of the flying machines from the original ride is found hanging from the ceiling.

Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    But still if Disney had a clue to how many people would dearly miss Dreamfinder, why did they cut him off & made Figment go solo?

Quote Originally Posted by ChampDisney View Post
    But still if Disney had a clue to how many people would dearly miss Dreamfinder, why did they cut him off & made Figment go solo?
    Actually in the first refurb of the ride, Figment was completely MIA, not even solo. Basically when they decided to change the 3D Attraction to HISTA, Kodak wanted the ride to have some sort of "Imagination Institute" theme to match. This is when they completely gutted the original (and much longer) ride and made it similar to what you see today (sans-Figment). After a lot of protest they closed the ride again to put Figment back in. Of course they launched it with a huge "Figment Is Back" campaign complete with new merchandise (which I gave into and bought). This resulted in happy fans but... many of us Figment nuts feel as if the last scene (in the current attraction) is sort of a slap in the face to those of us that protested Figment's removal... sort of a "You wanted Figment? Well here's a whole room full of him singing the little song you missed so much!"

danheaton is offline B-Ticket Holder
    When I visited Journey to Imagination last year, the lack of riders was ridiculous! We were the only people on the entire group of cars both times. We were there during a slow time, but the absence of people was still surprising. Is this commonplace for this ride?

If so, it seems like it wouldn't hurt them to add Dreamfinder and try to give the ride some new energy. I'd heard rumors about this being possible to correspond with the 25th anniversary of EPCOT next year.

Has anyone heard anything?

Cheers!

Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast