Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Haunted Mansion Ring in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I know that I have read this somewhere, but there is a diamond ring in the ground outside of HM. Where is it and what is the story about it?...
    heartsdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder

Haunted Mansion Ring

I know that I have read this somewhere, but there is a diamond ring in the ground outside of HM. Where is it and what is the story about it?

heartsdisney
    August'07 Fort Wildernenss Cabins
    June '05 Old Key West/ Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '04 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '02 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '00 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Jan '98 Old Key West
    April '96 offsite
    Jan'95 Old Key West

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    While taking the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, we were told one of the stories behind the HM and the ring. That the guy who bought the place had just married the love of his life. On the night of their wedding, they played their favorite game of hide and seek. Well, the bridge hid in a trunk and never got out. When he couldn't find her, he through his wedding ring out the window.
    Now, the ring in the ground isn't really a man's ring...so some of that story doesn't jive. But here is a picture for you.

Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    It's located at the exit of the ride at the gate there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    The origins of this "story" vary, and the source is unknown... However, it is said that when his fiance met her demise, that the master of the manor was so distraught that he threw her engagement ring out of a window. The ring supposedly hit the ground with such force that the embedded itself into the stone to serve as a reminder of their love.

...In actuality the "ring" is a remnant of an old queue pole that broke at ground level, and the "diamond" is the tip of a broken screwdriver that was being used to pry the pole out. The maintenance crew had to leave the pole and screwdriver tip in the ground until they could get some better tools to extract the pieces. Some time passed, and Disney decided to leave the "ring" in the ground after hearing of its romantic history from the guests.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    ^^^Exact same story I was told on the keys to the kingdom tour. Very well put together by castmembers and park guests too.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    While taking the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, we were told one of the stories behind the HM and the ring. That the guy who bought the place had just married the love of his life. On the night of their wedding, they played their favorite game of hide and seek. Well, the bridge hid in a trunk and never got out. When he couldn't find her, he through his wedding ring out the window.
    Now, the ring in the ground isn't really a man's ring...so some of that story doesn't jive. But here is a picture for you.

I love the color of your nails.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket View Post

Actually, those are Summer's nails...I took the picture. But thanks, Push liked them too.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket View Post
    hee hee, thanks.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

jimmyglance is offline A-Ticket holder
    wow

ash lvs disney is offline A-Ticket holder
    My mum asked one of the cast members last year to show us it. It is on the way out of haunted mansion and i think it is really small.

BopBop is offline A-Ticket holder
    Mississippi, Bout 50 miles south of Memphis TN
    I may be mistaken, but it seems as if I read earlier this year or late last year due to some paving being done, the ring is now covered under the pavement.... someone may have to let us know

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Well, currently the HM is down, so the gates are closed...but next time it's open and I'm there, I will be sure to check it out for ya!