Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss 1st time in ten years going to disney in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; its my first time in ten years going to disney . (I was 8 last time i went for real I'm turning 18 on the 14th) what makes it extra ...
    dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder

Exclamation 1st time in ten years going to disney

its my first time in ten years going to disney. (I was 8 last time i went for real I'm turning 18 on the 14th) what makes it extra nice is that i'm going with my girlfriend who hasn't been during the holiday time. Now I'm really scared because we're only going for two days (12/9-12/10) (MK the 9th and MGM the 10th) I'm planning to just have a blast in MK maybe find tom sawyers and huck's paint brushes (if they still have them), go on the transit authority(shes never been if u can believe that), and all the other fun stuff. Now for MGM I have a little more pressure because I really want my girlfriend to see the osburne lights, eat in the sci-fi cafe (she'll like the theme more than the food) and (more for me) go to Fantasmic. Now my question is does this sound fun, do u think it'll be easy to pull off, do you guys have more idea or would u plan something easier and more romantic,is there some other secret thing to do like the huck and toms paint brush thing, u know something active not like the hidden mickey thing. I really want to have fun but I'm stressing out. help pretty please ( promise to come back and tell you all how it went)

brainfreeze987 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am going with my boyfriend over spring break, and it will be only his 2nd time there, so i am planning an awesome surprise dinner for him at the castle... I am always thinking about taking him to downtown disney so we can go to the comedy club... I would also suggest to also take her on the dumbo elephants... it is so romantic to up there with the person you love!! and try to get there when the park opens... When we went with my family in august, his first time to disney, we were the only ones on the ride!!! Hope that somewhat helps... HAVE FUN!!!
    Courtney

MY FAVORITE!!!!

Magic Driver is offline A-Ticket holder
    One thing you may or may not know is that you're coming at the busiest time of the year. Plan on using the FastPass to avoid long lines. With the things you mentioned you want to see, it really shouldn't be a major problem, although with the large crowds expected, it may take you all day to do just those things.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don

Smile, it's Contagious!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Driver View Post
    One thing you may or may not know is that you're coming at the busiest time of the year. Plan on using the FastPass to avoid long lines. With the things you mentioned you want to see, it really shouldn't be a major problem, although with the large crowds expected, it may take you all day to do just those things.

I've heard that but so i was scared to plan a trip in December but than i read this

You can have fun any time of the year at WDW. In terms of crowds, however, the best time to go is the period from after the Thanksgiving weekend until the week before Christmas (the last days of November and the first two and one-half weeks of December), when the parks are least crowded

Could this have been an old article with old stats? Just wondering.

Thank you brainfreeze987 for the advice about the ride, i will try to do, but I don't think i can afford dinner or lunch at the castle

And thank you Jiminy for the welcome

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Welcome to WDT!

Go with what you kn ow. TSI is a lot of fun, go during a parade, no lines for the ratfs then at all.

MGM is a bit more tricky. SCI-FI is fun and well themed. If you think you can swing it, have an early lunch atr SCI-FI then do dinner at Momma Melroses, (very nicve and ) and take advantage of the dinner and show package for Fantazmic. You'll get a special seating pass fro Fantazmic if you have dinner at Momma Melroses (at least I did when i was there in October).
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

I never been to TSI. Do you ride like a real raft or something else? are they still doing the paint brush thing and if so where are some of the most known hidding places?

I've heard good things about Momma Melroses but my brother told me its not worth it, and i should just have a late lunch and just go early to Fantasmic, would you agree or disagree?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Have a plan, but be flexible. If you are having fun, then it will be romantic because enjoying someone's company is romantic. Getting stressed over what you aren't doing or how long you have to wait to do something will ruin it for both of you. You have a realistic plan for two days even though it's going to be busy. I think you'll find that there have been many changes in 10 years, and you'll be looking at the parks a little differently than you did at age 8.

Have fun.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Welcome to the boards!! Yeah, you ride on a raft to the island. The BEST advice that I can give is HAVE A PLAN! Get one of the Official Guides from any bookstore and they have a planning section for different lengths of stay. See what you really want to do and make a list. That way you can have as much fun as possible without stressing out about what to do next. Trust me, it works. I drive my wife absolutely crazy with all my planning, but we always see and do everything we wanted.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

The book is called "Birnbaum's 2007 Walt Disney World Official Guide." You can find them in the travel section of your local bookstore. I get one every year to get my Disney "fix!"

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Its true - late november and early to mid december the park is empty - have fun and be flexible!!!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Sorry It's taken me FOREVER to come back but I been very bussy with school. I have to say I had a blast in WDW. 1st we went to the hotel (all star sports), than took the bus to MK. We went on Space mountain, than over to pirates, than to splash mountain, than to thunder mountain (stupid me didn't get a fastpass for thunder mountain and it took FOREVER). Than we had some fries at a cart stop, when to Philirmagic than HM (couldn't find the ring that time). Than we went back to tomowerland and did everything else we wanted. Ate at the Space cafe, than went on Snow white (long line didn't like it much) the tea cups back to HM(found the ring although it was pitch black), back to pirates and back to the hotel.

The next day we went to MGM and OMG we were one of the 1st 50 - 100 people there. it was cool. Me and my g/f got into a little fight because and i qoute "No we don't need a map I know excataly were rockin roller coaster is" yea well you know what SHE DIDN'T, so we weren't one of the 1st to ride :'-( Than we went to ToT and I dunno if it was b/c I was wearing a birthday pin that I got from the hotel or b/c they just needed two more, but one of the CM looked at us and said "party of two" and let us skip a nice chunk of the line. Then we rode Rockin roller coaster like 4 more times, went to the back lot tour, Extreme Stunt show, star wars, the muppets (found the hidden key), ate at the Sci Fi cafe (made reservations at the hotel), and did some mroe stuff but the BEST was FANTASMIC it was...WOW just WOW I LOVED IT.

So that was it for my Birthday weekend, BUT now in Feb. it's my g/f birthday and she wants the same weekend I had. So since we bought 2 Three Days Magic Your Way w/ Hopper and only used 2 days, we're going to use the extra day and buy 2 One Day Magic Your Way w/ No hopper and stay at a value resort to make her wish come true.....oh and get her a Birthday pin too. Are the birthday pins from the hotel as good as the once from the park?

Than in April I get to go again for Grad Night.......oh and as an extra my school was asked to come early for the Grad Night Blast Off Party. Don't really know wat that is (if anyone could tell me it would appericate it)

So basicaly I get to go every other month for 3 months, not bad I think, gives me something to look forward to.

Ok sorry for ALL the speeling errors but its really late here and I'm super tired and if i didn't reply now it would be a while and I like to keep my promises

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    You can get the birthday pins at the parks too - you aren't limited to just one - rack 'em up and wear them all!
    Glad you had a good time!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

UPDATE: I'm going again in 17 days (ESPN Weekend) for girlfriends b-day. Here the plans for this time.......... we're getting there on Saturday, than heading to Epcot until like 2ish than heading over to MGM getting out EMH bracletts and heading over to Sci Fi (have reservations) than using our time to ride all the rides we can. Than sunday MK all day with extra magic hours, but 1st breakfeast at the polannesain the Ohana deal with stich. The whole time trying to collect pins from all the parks expecally Epcot...... how does this plan sound better than the last one? I like all your input it made my trip

Sounds hectic, but I think it'll work. As long as you keep an open mind, you've got it made!

Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast