Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Site News and Information Discuss How Can I Help? in the WDWRadio.com forums; "How Can I Help?" I have been asked this question quite a bit lately from both new and "veteran" members of thr forums. I have to say how much I ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

How Can I Help?

"How Can I Help?"

I have been asked this question quite a bit lately from both new and "veteran" members of thr forums. I have to say how much I genuinely apprecaite the offer of help. Although I have responded to some of you individually, here are some things you can do to help out on the site:

Continue to keep the site the very friendly, fun community it has always been

Tell others about the site. How?
    - If you post on other message boards, include a link in your signature to DWT.com with a short description of the site
    - Mention it on other groups such as RADP, etc.
    - Please post in accordance with each site's and group's policies, of course

If you have the book and enjoy it, post a review:
    - Amazon.com
    - Barnes & Noble.com

Keep older threads active (especially for new members). If you see a thread that may have lost some of its steam, get it going again!

Start new threads and discussions - Don't be afraid (especially our new members) to start up a relevant discussion in one of the forums. If you have any questions beforehand, just let me or a moderator know.

Link to the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Site - If you see or frquent another quality Disney web site and don't see a link to DWT.com in their "Links" page, please let me know.

Write an article for the Mouse M.A.P. section of the site. Clearly you enjoy Disney, or you wouldn't be here, right? Well, feel free to come up with an article, story, trip report, commentary, etc. and email it to me. Sharing your personal stories, experiences, advice, etc. will help bring visitors to the site and allow us to coninue to grow. Love a WDW ride? Write about it! Think you know how to make WDW better? Let us know!

Send me a PM or email with other suggestions you may have. My door is always open, and I personally respond to every email and PM I receive. I am always open to new ideas!

Thanks again to all of you.

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 01-27-2005 at 10:30 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    Will do MY FRIEND!!!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

I'd do anything for you here
    anything
    Yes I'd do anything
    Anything?
    Anything for Lou....

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Sign up for a Disney VISA using the link at the top of the forums! It's free, and offers great benefits and rates!

Also, clicking on the Google text ads located at the top and bottoms of the forums helps out immensely!

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 01-31-2005 at 01:14 PM.
    Lou Mongello

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    just have to throw my two cents in, from my previous experience of running a website myself. having a link to the site in your sig is a great way of getting people, but don't spam the site at other sites. by spamming i mean starting a thread with the only purpose being advertising this site. it only upsets the management of the site, as it used to tick me off when people did it on my site, tick people off when i did it on their sites, and i'm sure would tick Lou off if people came here advertising there own site.

this is a great place, everyone is very friendly and cordial, keep that in mind when you are spreading the word at other sites.

Lou, hope i didn't step on your toes.

jennifer4321 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am new to this site and love it. Just booked my Disney character brunch today!
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 11 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Walt Disney World</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Going to Disney!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>Jennifer4321

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Send me a PM or email with other suggestions you may have. My door is always open, and I personally respond to every email and PM I receive. I am always open to new ideas!
    I'll testify for that! I've sent Lou sveeral PMs and emails, and he has always responded!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Also, clicking on the Google text ads located at the top and bottoms of the forums helps out immensely!
    Do you actually have to buy anything from those links, or does just clicking through send cash your way?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Pat,

Simply clicking on the links for certain sponsors (such as the Google ads) helps, while actually making purchases from others (e.g. Laughing Place Store, Disney Ink Shop, etc.) is what generates revenue.

Thanks for your help!
    Lou Mongello

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Well, if you don't see me on for a few hours - I'm clicking links and going shopping :$$:
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

(Lou hugs Pat)
    Lou Mongello

Want to get published??

To all of our longtime and new members, please remember that we're always looking for new articles, trip reports, commentaries, etc. for the Mouse M.A.P. articles section of our main site, as well as for the monthly newsletter.

Clearly you enjoy Disney, or you wouldn't be here, right? Well, feel free to come up with an article, story, trip report, commentary, etc. and email it to me. Becoming a contributing author and sharing your personal stories, experiences, advice, etc. will help bring visitors to the site and allow us to coninue to grow. Love a WDW ride? Write about it! Think you know how to make WDW better? Let us know!

Also, if you have any trivia, secrets or fun facts that you would like to see added to the Trivia section of the site, please feel free to email me at lou@disneyworldtrivia.com.

Thanks!

Lou Mongello

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Would a book review of *other* Disney books fit as a MAP or would that go in the movie, tv etc thread?

Sure! Feel free to submit via e-mail any Disney-related reviews for publication, whether it be movie reviews, book reviews, even attraction reviews!

If I publish them in the Newsletter or Articles section, feel free to post a link to them in the Forums!

Lou Mongello

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Yeah! I'll review the new imagineer walk around guide when I get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast