Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Site News and Information Discuss BETA Version of DisneyWorldTrivia.com now online in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hi everybody! Well, as you probably have noticed, there are a few (more than a few) changes taking place here at DisneyWorldTrivia.com As I have mentioned in the past, I ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Arrow BETA Version of DisneyWorldTrivia.com now online

Hi everybody! Well, as you probably have noticed, there are a few (more than a few) changes taking place here at DisneyWorldTrivia.com

As I have mentioned in the past, I have been working "backstage" on an all-new version of the site, and as of this evening, we have launched in "Beta" (test) mode.

The main site has an all new look and layout, while still retaining the same "feel" as the old site. But wait, there's more!

In addition to the new look, we have implemented a very robust back-end to the site, as well as some new features, including:

A completely updated and expanded trivia section, now with photos and MANY more entries. This section will never be completed, as I am still adding more entries, photos, information, etc. And if you have anything that you would like to contribute to an entry, I invite you to please email me or use the Contact Form and help collaborate on the site

There is also an expanded Articles section, with Disney news, and a variety of columns on a number of different topics, including reviews, rumors, trip reports, and so much more!

I've also started a new Blog, which I'll use to post anything from random thoughts, mini-reviews, some of my favorite sites and links, and (thanks to a listener for coming up with this one), "Louminations"

There's also an all-new store, where you can now order the Audio Guide to WDW as a secure, downloadable MP3 file, complete with cover art.

The Games section will continue to grow, and the quizzes are now back online in a completely new system

Let's see... what else?? Well, let's just say that I'm not done yet, and there's more to come in the future, so stay tuned. Look for much more frequent updates to the site, not only in the content in the main site, but new features, trivia and so much more.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or find a few little "bugs" here and there, I'd ask that you please email me or send me a PM. Your help in making the site grow and improve is greatly appreciated.

Well, time to head backstage again, and there's still (always) more work to be done.

Hope you enjoy the new site, and if you do, please let others know about it! Thanks!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hi Lou!

Forgive me if this is obvious. I'm having a tired day. I went to the blog section and didn't see a link to subscribe to the RSS feed for your new blog. Is there a place to do this somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks! Jennifer
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Hey Lou, the new look is sweet, I'm already running late for work coz i've been busy looking through the trivia section LOL
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    man i just logged on this morning and was like, woah! where'd this all come from! im diggin it Lou
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    The Beta version looks great, Lou. It's very easy to navigate and I'm really enjoying spending my morning checking it all out!

Nice work as always!
    Justin

www.dreamcmo.com

Send your questions about my CMO experiences to Justin@dreamCMO.com and you just might make it on the site!

Find me on 'Facebook' as well! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506475946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxsEymi9SE - CMO Blooper reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIo5xUlQkg - CMO "Adventurosity Remix"

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Wow! Lou, this is the best site upgrade you've done yet! Looks great!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I love love love the new look of the site and the new trivia section is fantastic... The only thing my computer is not agreeing with is, it does not let me use the Post Reply button. It gives me an Error message, tells me it is going to Abort Operation and then sends me to a Page can not be displayed screen. But I can use the Quick Reply so that is a good thing. Other than that the site is Fantastic as Always! Thanks for the great upgrades Lou!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I am having the same difficulties as CHIPnDALE, exactly. I cannot e-mail to the site to obtain help or private message to the administration. The only way I got this posted was reading CHIPnDALE's post on a thread to quick reply. My guess by who is normally on that thread and is not many folks can view the site but not interact here any longer. Hopefully Lou will notice these posts or someone who can use the system can report the tech problems that seem to be happening to some members.

so here is my

s o s

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I had the same problem. It won't let me send a PM or reply to a PM either. I thought it might just be me, glad to know it isn't!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Give him time to work out the kinks. This is still in "test mode".

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    Great new site Lou. I haven't had the chance to go through the whole site yet but I plan to stay on until I do. Keep up all the great work, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come out with next.
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Congrats Lou! I love the new look! Can't wait to see more!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Lou nice upgrades!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Very Cool. Really love what I have seen so far.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou,

I love the slick new web 2.0 look you've given the site.

BTW, are you using a CMS (Content Management System) for all this or did you painstakingly code this all by hand. I'm must curious because I am doing research on CMS for work and don't know too many people, in real life, that are using them.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast