Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Site News and Information Discuss NEW Chat software! in the WDWRadio.com forums; We currently have a scheduled Chat open to all our members every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00 p.m. Eastern. We have been using chat software that has been integrated into ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

NEW Chat software!

We currently have a scheduled Chat open to all our members every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00 p.m. Eastern.

We have been using chat software that has been integrated into our forums since we started chatting. You could chat simply by clicking on the Chat link in the blue nav bar near the top of the page.

Recently, I was introduced to new software from Tiggerguy. After some review and input, I decided to give this new software a try.

I would like to test the software this week during our regular chat sessions. Try check out the software yourself, juct click on the link called "C2" in the blue nav bar.

The software is flash-based rather than Java, which should result in less bugs and problems with certain browsers and operating systems. Plus, this software has many great options which the prior application does not have.

Take a look and let me know what you think, and we will use this software exclusively for chat this week on a trial basis. I think it looks good and believe it will work well in the forums.

And hey, be sure to tell others about the chat! It's fun, easy, and we welcome new chatters all the time!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Looks good so far. I was playing around in it tonight. I created a room called "testing." You can delete it, since I'm not sure how to.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    Sounds good, I will be therte on Tues., but I won't be able to stay long. This is my Spring Break this week, but, my mother scehuled me to have my wisdom teeth cut out at 7:45 in the MORNING on Wed.!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just took a peek and it looks pretty cool. I like the fact that you can customize the settings - even the colors in the "themes".

Though I was receiving an error on the file sharing - but that could be due to a loopback issue in a single person test.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKyle
    Sounds good, I will be therte on Tues., but I won't be able to stay long. This is my Spring Break this week, but, my mother scehuled me to have my wisdom teeth cut out at 7:45 in the MORNING on Wed.!
    Kyle, OUCH! Hope it goes well and you can sleep all afternoon.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    Thanks Lou

The new chat room is fantastic! It is very customizable to your individual liking. I see one problem though and it is very minor, if the color type you choose is too close to another chatters background color, that person will not be able to see it real clear.

We had a small group in there on Monday night and everyone seemed to like it, so all you other DWTers come on in later tonight at 9:00pm EST (GMT -5) to see what all the buzz is about!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I think we need to decide a color scheme for chat nights. Some people you cannot see and what works for some isn't working for others. We've been spending the past 10 minutes getting colors straightened out tonight.
    Last edited by Mandabella; 03-08-2005 at 10:29 PM.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Arrow

I like the new setup. It is much better. I do have to agree with amanda as they colors can be hard to see sometimes. Looking forward to chatting tonight.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I also agree about the new software (thanks again Tiggerguy!!!), and will remove the link to the old version.

Thus, the CHAT link in the nav bar will take you to the new, improved DisneyWorldTrivia.com chat!!!

See you there!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    This sounds great about the new chat area, also, my wisdom teeth thing went fine, but I am really, really sore. Thats why I wasn't on last night and haven't been on much in the last two days.
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->