Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Site News and Information Discuss Audio Guide Download ID Help? in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hey Lou, Love the show and the site. Just ordered the download version of the Main Street Audio Guide this week but seem to be have hit the same glitch ...
    mattjs is offline A-Ticket holder

Audio Guide Download ID Help?

Hey Lou,

Love the show and the site. Just ordered the download version of the Main Street Audio Guide this week but seem to be have hit the same glitch a couple others have. The confirmation email doesn't include a download ID #, and I don't see it on the order summary page either. Emailed you directly as I saw you mentioned that in another thread.

Can't wait to hear the guide, and looking forward to Adventureland too. Keep up the amazing work on the show.
    Last edited by mattjs; 07-06-2008 at 07:37 PM.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Sorry for the problems you are having. Please email me at lou [at] disneyworldtrivia.com and I'll help you find your code, etc. Thanks!

Also, you can try logging in by clicking on the SHOP link in the nav bar, then going to Account Maintenance on the lower right part of the screen by the shopping cart information. There you will find your order, if you click VIEW, you should be able to get your download link.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

The Outer Rim is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    Sorry for the problems you are having. Please email me at lou [at] disneyworldtrivia.com and I'll help you find your code, etc. Thanks!

Also, you can try logging in by clicking on the SHOP link in the nav bar, then going to Account Maintenance on the lower right part of the screen by the shopping cart information. There you will find your order, if you click VIEW, you should be able to get your download link.
    Lou,
    I emailed you 4 times during the period of June 30 -July 7 with questions and concerns about my order and never got a single reply. Paypal certainly had no problems taking my money instantly but it was a long time before I could download the file. I finally did figure out, on my own, how to download the audio guide. I should have posted on the boards, seems like you respond here. I've been a loyal listener since day 1, purchased both trivia books, turned friends on to the show, and wrote positive reviews on iTunes. After that experience and the lack of "guest service", I definitely won't be purchasing any more products.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Outer Rim

My apologies, as I have not received any emails from you regarding your order. (What address did you send them to?)

As I am not sure what problems you were having, it is difficult for me to offer an explanation. It seems as though the order went through OK and you received your download code right away, as you said you were able to figure out how to download the file.

With regards to my customer service, I hope you know that I try and respond immediately to any and all requests or problems. Again, since I did not receive any emails from you, nor saw any posts in the forums, I was unable to reply. I apologize again, and if there is anything i can do, please let me know.
    Lou Mongello

The Outer Rim is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    Outer Rim

My apologies, as I have not received any emails from you regarding your order. (What address did you send them to?)

As I am not sure what problems you were having, it is difficult for me to offer an explanation. It seems as though the order went through OK and you received your download code right away, as you said you were able to figure out how to download the file.

With regards to my customer service, I hope you know that I try and respond immediately to any and all requests or problems. Again, since I did not receive any emails from you, nor saw any posts in the forums, I was unable to reply. I apologize again, and if there is anything i can do, please let me know.
    Hi Lou,
    I should have known there was a problem with email as you donít seem like the type that would just ignore emails. I sent emails to lou@disneyworldtrivia.com , I actually just replied to the order status email I received from you.

Let me just explain my frustration as people probably think Iím just some crabby guy bashing you in the forum and thatís not the case.

My wife, my son, and myself went on a long road trip on July 3rd over the holiday weekend so I wanted to download the Main Street tour MP3 as a surprise for them to listen to in the car (we listen to your show each week in the car). I placed my order on the evening of June 30 and the paypal payment went through right away. I tried unsuccessfully to download the file that night. I couldnít figure out how so I sent you an email asking for download instructions. I am quite web savvy and have been using the internet and participating in ecommerce for over 10 years so it wasnít just a matter of me not knowing what to do, the download link was not there. I didnít hear back from you so I emailed again (replying to the order status email) on July 1 again asking for instructions and/or help; the download link was still not appearing. I emailed one more time the night before the trip (July 2) as the download link was still not present. It was at this point I was getting frustrated since I realized I wouldnít have the file for the trip and I wasnít getting any response, it was also in this third email that I explained if I didnít have the file in time for the trip Iíd prefer a refund. So I went on the trip pretty upset and sour with the whole experience. I kept checking the site after we got home and finally on July 10 the download link appeared, I sent one final email to express my dissatisfaction with the entire experience.

So hopefully you can understand why I was so frustrated as I felt as though I was being ignored. I know my email (solsen04@hotmail.com) works with yours as we corresponded last year regarding the retro Epcot tshirts. So, my intent wasnít to jump on the boards and bash you. I now understand that you never got the emails in the first place and hopefully you can understand now hearing the full story why I was so frustrated.

Next time Iíll be sure to post on the boards if I have an issue.
    Thanks for the reply,
    Scott

Scott

Thank you for the explanation - it wasn't necessary, but appreciated. I certainly understand your frustration, and for that I am very sorry.

I have my email host looking into possible issues, as you are not the first person to say that they sent an email I did not receive. If there is anything at all I can do to make this up to you, please let me know.

In the meantime, I will be posting an Audio Guide Download FAQ in the forums, with instructions on how to download the guide even after you have received your code via email, or if you did not.

My sincere thanks again for your understanding and patience. I hope you find the Guide worth the wait.
    Lou Mongello