Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Site News and Information Discuss Watch Out!!!!!!! in the WDWRadio.com forums; I JUST LOGGED ON TO THE DOWNLOAD FORUMS, I THINK IT WAS WALLPAPERS AND STATIONARY AND CAUGHT A VIRUS. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF FIXING MY COMPUTER NOW. HERES ...
    jennifer4321 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Watch Out!!!!!!!

I JUST LOGGED ON TO THE DOWNLOAD FORUMS, I THINK IT WAS WALLPAPERS AND STATIONARY AND CAUGHT A VIRUS. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF FIXING MY COMPUTER NOW. HERES THE SITE

ww.wulfer.COM

DON'T LOG ONTO THAT SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SURE IT WASN'T DONE INTENTIONALLY BUT JUST BECAREFUL.

(Link omitted to avoid anyone accidentally browsing to there from this site)
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 04-02-2005 at 10:59 AM.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 11 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Walt Disney World</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Going to Disney!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>Jennifer4321

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I'll do my best. Thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer4321
    I JUST LOGGED ON TO THE DOWNLOAD FORUMS, I THINK IT WAS WALLPAPERS AND STATIONARY AND CAUGHT A VIRUS. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF FIXING MY COMPUTER NOW. HERES THE SITE
    www.wulfert.com
    DON'T LOG ONTO THAT SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SURE IT WASN'T DONE INTENTIONALLY BUT JUST BECAREFUL.
    Did your computer come out ok. Intentionally or not I can't believe there are such things as computer viruses.

I don't know what it is, most of it is taken care but my computer will still freeze or pop ups will come up occasionally. My friend said it was not a virus but my clicking onto that site and trying to down load the stationary (it was Disney stationary) I agreed to its terms of enternal annoying crud.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 11 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Walt Disney World</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Going to Disney!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>Jennifer4321

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    You might want to try a spyware blocker and eliminator. I have Spybot Search and Destroy that is recommended by Kim Komando www.komando.com . It is actually FREE to download and has been flawless on my computer.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Yahoo also has a spyware blocker called Anti-Spy

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'd recommend three things:

1. An antivirus software package (take your pick: Symantec, McAfee, F-Prot, AVG, etc.)

2. Ad-aware spyware removal program.

3. Either the Mozilla or Firefox web browser. You can disable auto-installations, software downloads, malicious java/javascript, pop-up windows, etc.

NOTE: Please keep in mind that downloading mozilla or Firefox alone will not protect your system, you will need to enable/disable the desired/appropriate features in the options menu.

If you're on a broadband connection, I'd also recommend running the Shields Up! test from the Gibson Research Center. (This is just a great site for almost any security questions you may have - highly recommended!!!)

Symantec Antivirus Research Center is also a great repository of known virii exploits and patches.

...BTW: If you're on a broadband connection and do not have a hardware firewall, then I'd also highly recommend getting one! (The software firewalls are a joke, and typically have a lot of security exploits - especially the ones that come with Windows.)

I'll digress now...

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

So what do you think is better antivirus software package that you bye or one that you get on some internet services?

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    In my personal opinion, I believe that an antivirus software package that is installed on a machine offering real-time protection is better than any postmortem scans or TCP/IP packet sniffers.

I'm not saying that the best antivirus software should cost money, but it seems that most antivirus packages will put a dent/crater in your wallet these days. Even some of my favorites that were once offered as freeware have now switched to pay based.

I've used Symantec (Norton), SilverBullet, McAffe, F-Prot, PC-Cillin, BitDefender and some others that are no longer available. To be honest, most of these were fairly comparable as far as system protection goes. However, I personally trust Symantec the most even though it can be a resource hog at times. (Please don't rush out and buy Symantec just because I said that I trust it) It's been a while since I've compared the 'latest' antivirus packages, so there may be a new program out there that's even better.

To make a long story short: I don't trust online based scanners, and it's not just because of the conspiracy postulates (they're not really theories).

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

Thank you everyone for your advice. I had most of those softwares already installed. I have my computer running smothley now. Went I went onto to the site I wanted to download some Cinderella stationary, by doing that I agreed to there terms and it really messed up my computer. So just beware if you download anything from that site.

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    On the imac G5--when you buy the .mac service they have a program, called virex--so far--no problems--we also get updates to run services etc. . .

What is it with Trojans Horses? Why would anyone create these things.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Seeing that this is not a Disney topic it should not be continued in this thread.

This thread is meant for announcements and news ABOUT the Disney company. If you still want to talk about it take it to the General DIscussion area
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator