2 2.50%
  • DisneyWorldTrivia Team

31 38.75%
  • Team DWT

18 22.50%
  • Triviateers

29 36.25%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Site News and Information Discuss Final Poll: Name for DWT.com Members in the WDWRadio.com forums; Looks like my favorite name lost...
    tiggerguy is online now WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Looks like my favorite name lost
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    Looks like my favorite name lost
    Don't feel bad, Brian. You can call yourself whatever you want. I can live with any name, but I would have preferred Triviateers or Lousketeers. I guess we will have to get used to saying/seeing "Hi, (Your Screen Name Here), a DisneyWorldTrivia Team." Huh?

Perhaps be should have a poll to pick a name for the chat group members?
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 04-11-2005 at 01:47 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Wow... heard so much support for triviateers, myself included. How did we end up second? Perhaps there was some trickery involved! Should we have a recount, Mr. Bush?
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I think "DisneyWorldTrivia Team" is a great name.

It identifies the whole site, (not just the Trivia aspect) which we all want to let people know is a wonderful place to hang out and it tells them that the members work together like a team.

A Team I am proud to be a member of.

This is a great group of people I have come to know here because of my friend Lou and I will be forever grateful.

As Jiminy Cricket mentioned before there is no problem with people who feel strongly about Triviateers to identify themselves as "DisneyWorldTrivia Team Triviateers"

Thanks to all who made suggestions and voted.

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 04-11-2005 at 02:31 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    Wow... heard so much support for triviateers, myself included. How did we end up second? Perhaps there was some trickery involved! Should we have a recount, Mr. Bush?

How rude!!!!

Accusations like this will only tear apart the membership which is the opposite of what this whole thing was about.

I thought the members here were above this kind of trash.

~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    I thought the members here were above this kind of trash.
    The trickery comment was intended as a joke. That wasn't directed at anyone whatsoever. And the Bush comment was in reference to the Bush/Gore presidential election back in 2000 that resulted in a recount.

Sheesh... I guess I gotta be a bit more careful how I phrase some things. I apologize if I offended anyone.

And no, I don't have an issue with the chosen name. That was actually my second choice anyway.
    -Don-

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Wow.... what a stir this whole little thing has caused, huh?

You know, no matter what one us decides to be known as, whether it be DWT Team Member, Triviateer, Lou'sketeer, or just someone who loves and frequents the site, we're all still part of what a truly consider to be one big, happy family. You are all such incredible assets to the site, offering your own unique insights, perspectives and contributions.

I was surprised at the response and apparent passion which people selected and supported their favorite choices. I will take that as a testament to how much the site means to them. For that, I'm quite honored and pleased.

That being said, it really looks like this was pretty close. Almost too close. And while I think that both names are really great, I certainly don't want to "force" a name or deisgnation on someone that either doens't want it, or just wants to be part of the site. (and had their been a clear-cut favorite, I might not feel this way). However, I must disagree with any insinuation that there were some types of "Shenanigans" going on. Odd that this poll garnished mre votes than most others, huh? Nice to see everyone cares so much.

So, what I feel is this: we are all part of the DisneyWorldTrivia.com "Team", in both name and how everyone contributes to the site. I have said repeatedly and far in the past that this site would not exist and grow as we have without everyone's help, support and contributions - whether it be a single post, photo upload, article, or just a hello. But we can also be Triviateers, too! I like both names, and can be either, both or even neither if that's your preference.

As you may know, I have recently ordered DisneyWorldTrivia.com lanyards with badge holders. We (thanks to April for the help), have been designing customizable, downloadable "tags" that you can put in your lanyard.

I will therefore have three versions to download: One that has DWT Team, one with Triviateers, and another with neither. All of them will have a space that will allow you to add your own screen name, real name, etc. on it. Just download it, add your info, print it out and voila! (Lanyards and tags will be available soon)

I believe that this is both right and fair to all (except the two people that picked Lou'sketeers... thanks anyway) So be a member of the Team, be a Triviateer - whatever you like best is fine. This type of thing should never, ever cause any type of dissention between us. It is vital that we, together, remain a unique community in the way we behave with each other as well as towards new members.

I sincerely hope that something like this doens't or hasn't caused any division. If some of you are passionate about how you feel, I understand, but please take a step back and take it all in perspective. It's just a name, and we're all part of what I have always considered, the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Family.

Thanks again to all of you.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I blame the Chads.

"The Chad... was great! The Chad... is stuck!"

Anyone else see that Charlie's Angels Movie? Or am I the only one laughing?
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 04-11-2005 at 03:21 PM.
    -Don-

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Saw the Charlies Angels movie-"Was it the Chad?"
    "It might be the Chad."
    I am laughing with you....
    BTW my lanyard that I customize will refer to us as the DissyLove Team. Just Kidding.....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    "The Chad... was great! The Chad... is stuck!"

Anyone else see that Charlie's Angels Movie? Or am I the only one laughing?

LOVE IT!!!!

"Good morning Starfish."

"Good morning Chad. Sweet Chad."

~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa!

With all due respect to all parties involved, I would like to clarify my thoughts on this subject since I was the one that got the ball rolling, so to speak, last August, and I feel very badly for any dissention this has caused. Yes, I proposed Triviateers in August of last year when the site was heavily into WDW and Disney trivia. Yes, I am also a joker, for better or worse, and yes sometimes my humor is a little dark and/or cynical.

IMHO, the confusion resulted from the concept and construction of the of the original 39 name poll (MB, please don't take this personally). Some members, I think, were voting for a "member" concept. e.g, "I am a member of the DisneyWorldTrivia Team", and not for a "nickname" for the members of the team e.g. Triviateers. I tried to clarify my concern in another post, but the "final" poll was up and running, and as they say, "The rest is history."

Granted, this great WDW site has gone far beyond the original concept as witnessed by the number of different threads not relating to trivia. In that respect neither the official nor unofficial name(s) actually reflect the majority of the content of this site at the present time. I know Lou cannot change the domain name now. In retrospect, I am sure Lou never envisioned such a strong and devoted member base, whether it be 20 or 20,000.

Please let's put this whole thing in the past and move foward. Perhaps it would be best to forget the whole name thing for awhile, or forever.

P.S. Can't wait for the lanyards!
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 04-11-2005 at 05:01 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Well, honestly, I'm really just happy being a part of this group & family- regardless of our nicknames. My vote didn't even come close... (I was one of the two!) ha ha.
    I just really enjoy chatting & guessing the answers to crazy trivia questions with everyone here. I'm also pretty sure most everyone else here feels the same way. I appreciate the effort put into the poll & will be happy to call myself part of the Disney World Triva Team.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Everybody now, "We are FAAAMIILLYY!!"
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast