Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Site News and Information Discuss Anybody think the ads are a little odd lately? in the WDWRadio.com forums; I'm glad there are ads on the site to get Lou some money and to keep everything we have here free or close to free but they have been pretty ...
    TheH2s is offline B-Ticket Holder

Anybody think the ads are a little odd lately?

I'm glad there are ads on the site to get Lou some money and to keep everything we have here free or close to free but they have been pretty risque lately.

I've seen some Trojan ads which in an of themselves aren't horrible but the "Do You See the Lamp" ad is just too much.

Lou is this something you can bring up to your ad people to get more appropriate ads on the site?

P.S. Again I love the site and want there to be ads but I'm tired of seeing the lamp.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: Anybody think the ads are a little odd lately?

I always laugh when I see the site plastered with Universal ads.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH2s View Post
    I'm glad there are ads on the site to get Lou some money and to keep everything we have here free or close to free but they have been pretty risque lately.

I've seen some Trojan ads which in an of themselves aren't horrible but the "Do You See the Lamp" ad is just too much.
    Yes, you are not alone. Someone else posted that today in the Random Thoughts also and I agree, it comes and goes. Bad again.

I posted this in the Tech Support back in January. Those ads were very explicit

I am having this problem again. It has been a while but the past several days it is bad again. More on the Forum Main Page for me.

I do have an AdBlocker and a Pop Up Blocker. This is the only sight that I am experiencing this. No other websites or other Disney Forums isolate to WDWR. I am not getting it on the WDWR Home Page. Go Figure.

Anyhow today's web ad that keeps coming back and back again is very inappropriate for a family sight. It is an ad for MIVU for meeting new people. It is cartooned however the "couples" are in very suggestive positions and acts.

X out to see forums and then you get a larger version. Yikes.

I did not get a response. I do not get these ads on DisBoards, MousePlanet, WDWNToday or AllEars or any other non Disney.

Lou is this something you can bring up to your ad people to get more appropriate ads on the site?
    I sent Lou and E-mail back in January.

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    I always laugh when I see the site plastered with Universal ads.
    Actually I always get a pop up box on Lou's Video's for Universal, stay 2 days at Universal for less than a day at Disney. It is a smaller add and it gives the impression that Lou's Video is promoting Universal.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Well, I might take them up on the offer. At least they learnt their lesson with attraction reservations...

- Walt Disney

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

My apologies. I didn't see those ads and this is the first I'm hearing of this (I apologize. I don't see an email. Was it a private message?)

I don't control what ads are shown, but they are certainly supposed to be tailored to the tone of the context around it. I will go in and block those ads that you have mentioned as being inappropriate for the site and offer my sincere apologies

If you ever see any other ads which you feel should not be seen here, please email me at lou@wdwradio.com (NOT in a forum PM) with the ad name, any links or even a screen shot if possible

Thank you
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I don't even notice the ads. I had no idea Trojan was advertising. Guess I'll have to pay attention as my kids like the site as well.

Hahaha. My ads are ridiculously tame then in comparison to what you guys are getting!

- Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    My apologies. I didn't see those ads and this is the first I'm hearing of this (I apologize. I don't see an email. Was it a private message?)
    It was indeed an e-mail, not a PM. Mid-to later January. Kinda your busy stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I don't even notice the ads. I had no idea Trojan was advertising. Guess I'll have to pay attention as my kids like the site as well.
    ut

I admit I can be a prude at times but when I posted the comment in the Tech section I was kinda stunned. And I worked along side longshoremen and stevedores for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Hahaha. My ads are ridiculously tame then in comparison to what you guys are getting!
    Ya, why me and not you my friend? I was chatting with one of my favorite moderators and made the comment, Lou would be mortified if his daughter pulled this up on his sight, then turn twenty shades of pink, purple and red.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

TheH2s is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks Lou. If I see any ads like that in the future I will email you.

Thanks!