Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Site News and Information Discuss New and improved WDWRadio! in the WDWRadio.com forums; I have to sign back in everytime now. I like the format but miss seeing new posts right on the home page....
    disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: New and improved WDWRadio!

I have to sign back in everytime now. I like the format but miss seeing new posts right on the home page.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I logged in again, from a different machine, and it remembered my being logged in. The only thing I would like to see back so far is the section of most recent changes. As with everything else, it will take some getting used to. But if 'color scheme' is the biggest thing we have to worry about, then I'd say that concerns are pretty low. Deal with the colors, folks. Major changes/issues/bugs, yep, report those. Otherwise...
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by disneycrazy1956 View Post
    ... I like the format but miss seeing new posts right on the home page.
    I miss that too.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I logged in again, from a different machine, and it remembered my being logged in. The only thing I would like to see back so far is the section of most recent changes. As with everything else, it will take some getting used to. But if 'color scheme' is the biggest thing we have to worry about, then I'd say that concerns are pretty low. Deal with the colors, folks. Major changes/issues/bugs, yep, report those. Otherwise...
    you should have seen the uproar about colors when the forum went from being DisneyWorldTrivia to WDWRadio
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I don't even remember what the DisneyWorldTrivia website looked like. I was on here for maybe a month or two before it all got moved to WDWRadio
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

First another bug....if you use a smile you cannot post beyond that.

I noted today that the new posts reset each day. Hard to catch up.

Colors. I'm having a hard time. It isn't just an aesthetic thing, older eyes, all white. I'm having a hard time finding new posts with such a subtle color change. Also who is online and offline. The dot is so tiny. Young eyes may be able to pick it up, my eyes, not so much.

I remember the change from DTW to WDWR. I remember the name being a big shock. I'm not remembering so many bugs, but maybe I am forgetting. Also, we had administrators that played on the forums, so maybe in their absence it isn't being noticed after the launch?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Tsunami77 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    I miss that too.
    I'm in agreement. Like the look of the new site alright, but still a bit clunky.

I also miss the Disney photos that cycled through at the bottom of the old home page - think they were from Flickr or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    you should have seen the uproar about colors when the forum went from being DisneyWorldTrivia to WDWRadio
    I can imagine! Geez. But apparently it was all for nothing and they got used to it. Now, if people today were pining for the old DisneyWorldTrivia site rather than the WDWRadio site, then perhaps their concerns would have been founded. Apparently with time, all's well.
    Last edited by supernova; 02-19-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Colors? Honestly?

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Hey guys (and gals) thanks for the feedback about the site. Couple of things:

- The interface update is as a result of upgrading the software from a VERY old, outdated, unsupported and vulnerable version of the forum software from 3.x to 4.x
    - As a result of the upgrade, some of the many "hacks" that I had installed either no longer work on the new version, or had to be removed while the massive conversion took place
    - Some of the hacks are not supported in 4.x, due in large part to the security issues they presented (dealing with spammers, bots and hackers was an ongoing battle - but something that you don't see on the front end)
    - The color scheme is still being tweaked a bit. I did see some mention of the white, but I do believe white was always the background to the main forum post fields, right?
    - The logging in issues should likely go away, as it was probably due to the DNS transfer from the old servers to the new ones (yes, new site and forums required migrating all the data to a new, larger, faster set of servers). If not, let me know and I'll look into it some more
    - I hope you all notice that I have tried to make the entire forum LESS cluttered and "clunky" - for example: notice the removal of the sidebar and banner ads. While the Google ads helped support and pay for the servers, bandwidth, etc. (and yes the new servers are actually much more expensive than the last) I removed it in hopes of giving you a better user experience
    - CHAT: Would you be willing to use the built-in ustream chat on the http://www.wdwradio.com/wdw-radio-live/ page?
    - We are running the latest update and security patches to the software, so if you still have any individual issues, please post them here and I will try and resolve them ASAP for you
    - Avatars and images - all have been restored
    - If there is other functionality from the old site that you'd like to try and have restored, please let me know here and I'll try and find what's available (as well as safe, etc.)

Thank you for your feedback, and for being part of the WDW Radio Family, and hope you enjoy the new site and forums!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Hey Lou...thanks for responding...

My biggest thing right now is that any sort of "take me to the most recent post" functionality doesn't seem to work. For instance, the following link should take me to the most recent post in this thread that I haven't read yet (sort of, if I read other threads and not this one, it will eventually just take me to the last post):

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...1&goto=newpost

But all it currently does it take me to the top of the last page of posts, and I have to figure out what is new (which would also be easier if the "new post" icon was more distinctive - right now, it is white for old, and very light blue for new...hard to see when you are scrolling by fast).
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    - The color scheme is still being tweaked a bit. I did see some mention of the white, but I do believe white was always the background to the main forum post fields, right?
    OK, I'm glad I wasn't imagining things. Yes, it was always white.

I echo the functionality quirk doc describes above. Aside from that, as I seem to be staying logged in, everything else seems to be running smoothly. Everything looks really nice, too.

[QUOTE=Lou Mongello;994562]

The white isn't as much of an issue in the posting box. It's more the contrast to the left. Mostly though on the front, forum page. The grey and the light blue are too similar and pale to easily pick out. My DD who is somewhat color blind, cannot tell the two pale shades apart. The vibrant color of the WDWR a the top and home page are perfect!

- I hope you all notice that I have tried to make the entire forum LESS cluttered and "clunky" - for example: notice the removal of the sidebar and banner ads. While the Google ads helped support and pay for the servers, bandwidth, etc. (and yes the new servers are actually much more expensive than the last) I removed it in hopes of giving you a better user experience
    Yes, it is far less cluttered and my McAfee rarely objects anymore. I do miss the new thread. Not that it has to be along the side, but was nice to know when something has happened or we have new members.
    - CHAT: Would you be willing to use the built-in ustream chat on the http://www.wdwradio.com/wdw-radio-live/ page?
    Now Chat is where I became very good friends with so many of our members both old and new. I miss this the most. Is the built in upstream the same as on your weekly news show? The thing that worked with chat was you had to enter the chat room to observe. We tend to be more personal on chat because it is not visiable to the whole wide world. If you built-in upstream chat would members have to sign in to observe the chat postings or could the world just stalk the Upstream Chat and just not post?

On the last sight there was Recent Posts. You could go back over multiple days and scan to see what had been posted without it clearing between visits.

And Edit: I just tried to use the multi-quote, the "+ and it still does not work.
    You pull out a few posts to respond to and when you go to respond, nothing appears, no quotes of posts.

Nor can I paste something into a post. I had just taken a WDW survey which I copied and I cannot post. It was an interesting page of the survey for discussion but for whatever reason it will not post up.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 02-19-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: added to post

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I've noticed that when I submit a post, there are no problems. However, when I go into edit mode after the initial post saves, it's not taking the edit, and I have to go into "Go Advanced" and hit save from there. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I've noticed that when I submit a post, there are no problems. However, when I go into edit mode after the initial post saves, it's not taking the edit, and I have to go into "Go Advanced" and hit save from there. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.
    Actually I just experienced that. Earlier today I did not have this issue. The difference I noticed is how it comes up in the box when editing. It is now coming up with the the quote in brackets and I never saw that before in an edit, so when I went to submit it came up with the instruction that I had to enter so many characters to post.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast