Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Site News and Information Discuss New "Ask Lou" article about Spaceship Earth in the WDWRadio.com forums; Spaceship Earth, brought to you by... A reader asks about the status of the corporate sponsorship of Spaceship Earth. Read the article HERE and feel free to post your comments ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

New "Ask Lou" article about Spaceship Earth

Spaceship Earth, brought to you by...

A reader asks about the status of the corporate sponsorship of Spaceship Earth. Read the article HERE and feel free to post your comments in this thread.
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 05-27-2004 at 10:52 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Along the lines of losing sponserships, the McDonald's contract is up in about 2 yrs. They are currently talking with the other parks and it does not look like DIsney will be with them. But you never know.

fastpass is offline B-Ticket Holder
    It wouldn't be bad in my humble opinion if the sponsors were dissolved in WDW. We pay enough to not be led through a bunch of commercials. I wish the bowl games would do the same. When I was younger i enjoyed watching the Sugar Bowl. Then it was the USF&G Sugar Bowl, then the Nokia Sugar Bowl. Kinda loses the spirit of the event for me.
    i find it ironic that my cell phone (using AT&T service) won't work within 20feet of the Big Ball (SE).
    Always let your conscience be your guide - J.C.

I just got a Disney annual pass for my wife and kids....GOOD TRADE, EH?

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    FP,

I agree... I don't mind some subtle branding here and there... but you're right - some attractions are multi-milliondollar, in-your-face commercials.

Then again, think about how this all got started - with Disney making these "commerials" for the World's Fair for companies like Ford, Pepsi, etc. What Would Walt Think Now?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    FP,
    but you're right - some attractions are multi-milliondollar, in-your-face commercials.
    One that jumps to mind is Dinosaur. McDonads is mentioned every few moments.