Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Site News and Information Discuss Upcoming WDW trip calendars? in the WDWRadio.com forums; Got to thinking today about the trips I've taken in the past, and how great it was to meet up with other members of forums such as this one. How ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Upcoming WDW trip calendars?

Got to thinking today about the trips I've taken in the past, and how great it was to meet up with other members of forums such as this one.

How difficult would it be to put together some sort of calendar for the upcoming year or so, and then as vacations are planned, members who choose to do so can post their trip dates. Then meet-ups can be planned. Those who don't want to be social wouldn't have to participate, obviously.

Even if threads were posted (stickied?) to the top for the upcoming months, and then as the month passes, the moderator could simply remove outdated threads.

Not sure if there's already a feature somewhere on here besides our individual tickers, or if this would even go over well. But overall it might help contribute to the already great socializing we've got going on here.
    Last edited by supernova; 07-26-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Upcoming WDW trip calendars?

Not a bad idea. I think due to the current configuration many things get lost between the Blog/Box/Forum aspects of the sights. At one point I thought there was a meet in Chicago this year, but somewhere I lost it or dreamed it.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Upcoming WDW trip calendars?

I figured a sticky post or folder at the top called Upcoming Trip Calendars, then threads within. Or is there a way to create a shared calendar, functioning similarly to ones for airlines, where we can scroll to the month of the trip, click on it, and add our user name. I don't know what this software would allow, but just something interactive where we can keep others updated on our vacations.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.