Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LuckyJack
Site News and Information Discuss So, what is 102? in the WDWRadio.com forums; I worked a double today so was not noble to attend the live show tonight. What is the big announcement?...
    bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

So, what is 102?

I worked a double today so was not noble to attend the live show tonight. What is the big announcement?

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys

Re: So, what is 102?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com View Post
    I worked a double today so was not noble to attend the live show tonight. What is the big announcement?
    it is a book. it tells you how to save up for a trip and how to save $ at Disney.

it is available now as a PDF download and will be available shortly in paperback and kindle versions

more info at Disney 102 | Lou Mongello's 102 Ways to Save Money For & At Walt Disney World Book
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com View Post
    Wow have not seen you around in a while. Hope all is well. Miss your photo's.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    it is a book. it tells you how to save up for a trip and how to save $ at Disney.

it is available now as a PDF download and will be available shortly in paperback and kindle versions

more info at Disney 102 | Lou Mongello's 102 Ways to Save Money For & At Walt Disney World Book
    So I'll bite, what is the significance of 102? More than a play off of the 101 course level?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    So I'll bite, what is the significance of 102? More than a play off of the 101 course level?
    There are many books out there titled "101" this and that, but since in Disneyspeak 101 is a bad thing, he decided to go with 102
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

LuckyJack is offline A-Ticket holder

Started reading it today - thanks to a NJ "work from home snow day" - it's really well done. Lots of golden nuggets, beautiful pics and good tips inside. Plus a fun, easy read - not dry or too "listy" if you know what I mean.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Lucky Jack

How you doin' from ol' New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    There are many books out there titled "101" this and that, but since in Disneyspeak 101 is a bad thing, he decided to go with 102
    Ahhhh

101 the broken off line type code

and

102 being fixed and back online

I guess there is a need for these types of books, under Iger it is getting more and more difficult for average families to visit as they once had.

Wall Street is nervous with the Price Leveraging strategy employed by Disney over the last few years. It's one of the reasons they keep asking about MyMagic+; to see that WDW is doing anything to generate new revenue besides just raising prices.

They've already seen the impact of higher prices (actually, less generous discounts) on hotel occupancy, dropping from 89% in 2008 to 79% last year. Keep in mind that WDW hotel occupancy was 76% in the 12 months immediately after 9/11, and that was an abysmal time for WDW.

They know theme park prices can go up only so far until there will be an impact on attendance.