Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Site News and Information Discuss Donation Made to Katrina Relief in the WDWRadio.com forums; There has been some discussion in the forums about how we can help the victims of Katrina. I just wanted you all to know that I made a monetary donation ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Thumbs up Donation Made to Katrina Relief

There has been some discussion in the forums about how we can help the victims of Katrina.

I just wanted you all to know that I made a monetary donation to the American Red Cross on behalf of the entire DisneyWorldTrivia.com Family. Please note that I am NOT looking for any contributions from any members. I did this on my own, but for us all.

If anyone would like to make a contribution on their own, please visit www.redcross.org.

As always, the thoughts and prayers of us all go to the families and victims of this tragedy.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Thank you for doing that Lou! I feel you have represented us well. My company is matching our donations 2-to-1, so I will be making a contribution through work.

Also, I am working together with the red cross and some of my friends in local bands here in Atlanta and we are putting on a benefit show this Saturday.
    I love how the American people are trying to help. This really is a good country!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Thanks Lou for doing that on behalf of the DWT family. I will also be donating money here at work and I also have been donating money here and there whereever I see places to donate.

Also guys I know at a time like this we really focus on human lives and rightly so but not let us forget our four legged friends as well. They est about 8-10,000 domestic animal were killed in this horrible tragdey. There are a lot of distress pet owners out there as well as a lot of pets that been lost or killed. I heard a spokewomen from the ASPCA on the radio and she stated that you wouldn't begin to belive the 100's of thousand of calls they got from pet owners looking for there pets. Just remember that a lot of those people that lost their homes there pets were the only family they have. So if you are a pet owner or a lover of animals the Petsmart stores and the ASPCA are taking donation. So if you want please send them a little money as well.

I pray that everyone in NO were they be human or animal get through this they are always in my paryer.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Thanks Lou - I know i appreciate it

I made my donation as well
    and the company i work for has donated over 2 million

and they are sending a bunch of employees down to help

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    There has been some discussion in the forums about how we can help the victims of Katrina.

I just wanted you all to know that I made a monetary donation to the American Red Cross on behalf of the entire DisneyWorldTrivia.com Family. Please note that I am NOT looking for any contributions from any members. I did this on my own, but for us all.

If anyone would like to make a contribution on their own, please visit www.redcross.org.

As always, the thoughts and prayers of us all go to the families and victims of this tragedy.

Thanx Lou for your donation from the DWT.com family.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Thank you for the donation in our behalf Lou.
    My Bf works for Advance Auto Parts and there is a number of employees of that company from that area that no one has been able to contact so the corporation is continuing their pay for the next 30 days regardless and taking steps to make sure the families of the employees are cared for as well. The employees who are accounted for are being offered positions in other parts of the country. AWESOME TEAM MEMBER CARE ADVANCE!
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Advanced Auto!!

Thanks Lou... I'll be donating regularly in the name of DWT..

there were talks about us all putting together a GIANT care package.. ranging from canned foods to teddy bears to clothes.. but with the hearts that exsist on this board alone.. that would be a GIANTx2 size care package! So I'll take the easier route like above.. and donate in the name of the fam.

Razzi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks Lou! That's a great gesture. I work for 911 and few of our employees have already gone down to LA to help out, and I expect more will be soon. We've also gathered up donations here at work. It's good to see people pull together to help out "our own" in times of need.
    Don't frown because it's over, Smile because it happened.

flutter is offline Moderator
    hubby and I have also donated to the red cross and I am hoping to be volunteering either in the south or with the 2500 people that are being transported to the base in my area. Our hospital has adopted a hospital in the south too I believe Houston area sending supplies and such and money ofcourse as well as getting a list of volunteers together to help out. Our prayers are with everyone in the area...especially Charlotte and Jan and their families and Taylor and his family...and any other DWT member I don't know lives in the area

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Thank you for that Lou...especially for those of us who can't contribute finacially....

One thing I have done this week is to go through all of our stuff and get stuff gathered up to give to the evacuees, now I just have to get it to them!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    the company I work for has matched all our donations and will continue to do so
    and I adopted a family of co-workers who have lost everything - we are sending gift cards so they can get back on their feet

and my team at work - all my guys - and I am so proud of all of them - I got a family for all us to adopt