Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Site News and Information Discuss FORUMS HACKED - and being fixed in the WDWRadio.com forums; i did end up getting the email, but i didn't open it and reported it as spam....
    skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    i did end up getting the email, but i didn't open it and reported it as spam.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by dxer07002
    Still don't know if I got emails... What are the subjects in the emails?? I have to see when i get home.... if there is anything from DISNEYWORLDTRIVIA.COM I am just deleting it...
    Got one after all, "Hacked by Marokki team" is the subject. I think those went out through the email notification system for subscribed threads.

Lou needs our support guys, he had nothing to do with what happened today.

Thank you Lou for bringing our happy place online again!

thanks for getting us back up online Lou.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    This was absolutely awful and I could not believe my eyes when I saw it. I hope that this gets taken care of and the authorities can do something about this.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    Got one after all, "Hacked by Marokki team" is the subject. I think those went out through the email notification system for subscribed threads.

Lou needs our support guys, he had nothing to do with what happened today.

Thank you Lou for bringing our happy place online again!

I couldn't agree more!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I just googled Marokki Team and there were several sites that were hacked. One in particular had a message from them saying "If you stop war we will stop hacking, we cry when children die."
    Very scary, it just makes me angry that some people in this country have nothing to do with the war and we still suffer from all of this.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

um yeah, that was really sketchy.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    I totally agree with the idea of looking into sueing...
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bahimiron
    PLEASE READ THIS!

If the hackers sent e-mails directly to your e-mail address, that likely means that they got ahold of lists of subscribers to the site. While it's unlikely that they got any information of any really terrible importance, it is entirely possible that they managed to get ahold of the password you use to access this site.

While I doubt anyone is too worried about hackers logging on to here and posting a diatribe on how Stitch's Great Escape is the best ride at Disney World, having your PW is a big concern in another way. If you use the same PW at other sites that you on this site, you may want to change them. Especially if you got an e-mail. If, for instance, they know you use gmail now and your gmail PW is the same as your disneyworldtrivia.com PW, they can now access your e-mail.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, but this is just some common sense advice. Especially if you got that e-mail, I would highly suggest changing any passwords that may be common to the one you use here.
    no lou said that no personal info was givin out...
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

dude this is huge news... WE ALL NEED TO HELP LOU RECOVER THE SITE SO THIS NEVER HAPPENS... i better go and change all my site **** cuz if anything happens to my site it wont be pretty.

yeah, i hope this never happens to anyone else, because it is terrible.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou, have no fear.. we know you had nothing to do with this pathetic display and poor attempt for publicity.... I hope the authorities find these punks and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law... Let's all buy Disneyworld Trivia shirts, wear thm proud and show that these morons won't stop us from viewing one of the best Disney fan sites and the ONLY site for great Disney trivia.. Lou, you have our support....
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    As you may be aware, the home page of DisneyWorldTrivia.com was down for a few hours on Friday, September 1. The forums were temporarily closed so the software developers could resolve the issue. I am also aware that some members received inappropriate emails that appeared to come from DisneyWorldTrivia.com, and that issue has been remedied as well.

I cannot express how absolutelu devastated I am that this has happened the members of the community. It appears as thought it was not a targeted attack, but an exploitation of a small vulnerability in the chat software we were using, and has been resolved. We are no longer using that software, and will not in the future. While I did not know about this until after it had taken place, I take personal responsibility for this and offer you my sincerest apologies. I hope that this in no way diminishes your opinion of me, the site or the community. Again, I am incredibly sorry for what I saw was on the home page, and sent to you via email. Please note that NO personal information, usernames, passwords, email addresses or any other information has been compromised, leaked, accessed or in any way tampered with.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at lou@disneyworldtrivia.com.

As for the concern about email addresses being given out, I have just learned that this was a vulnerability in the CHAT software, and not the forums themselves. I have removed all traces of tha chat software and am beta testing a new system entirely. I have been assured that no data was removed from the site, transmitted elsewhere, compromised, etc. The malicious script just emailed a number of users, but had no access to any information.

Thank you for your understanding, patience and support.

-Lou Mongello
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    Hi Guys, I received a threatening email from this group after I tried to alert Lou of the Hacking. Nut cases the lot of them.
    We had a great time at the Caribbean Beach. Hope to go next year with all the kids and grandkids!!!

Susan

I live 1717 miles from WDW

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    YOU GO LOU!!!!!!!!
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast