Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Site News and Information Discuss User Infractions in the WDWRadio.com forums; Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie Um, are you going to make a list of unacceptable words? LOL - Would that be helpful to you?!...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Um, are you going to make a list of unacceptable words?
    LOL - Would that be helpful to you?!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I wonder if, when anybody receives points, other members will be able to see too?
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully it won't be over done in its testing stages to see how it'll work though.

Is there any way we can get the reputation system going? I love that feature.
    No worries, our first phase of testing involved testing it on each other. (Pat, you've been a very bad girl! ) You never know what kinks might show up so we are actually in the second phase of testing.

We do not like the reputation system. We run a friendly, family site and the reputation system seems to breed animosity everywhere we have seen it used.

Quote Originally Posted by dxer07002 View Post
    I love this idea. But, if someone is temporarily suspended, how long does that suspension last?
    At this time, that is up to the discretion of Administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    Makes sense, though it's a shame it has to even be considered.
    This isn't something we sought out. It came with the new software package and we are trying it out.

What does make sense is that everyone here, adults and tweens alike know and understand the behavior and "words" that should not be acceptable on a family site.

If everyone thinks before they post, there should be very few infractions here at all. If, on the other hand you are the type to push the envelope or stir up trouble, you may have problems.

Um, are you going to make a list of unacceptable words?
    See above comment paragraph two.

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    There is another site...

I feel that banning is usually wrong but it really hurts people when you take their posting privileges away....

I just remind you to have some compassion as not everyone is perfect.

We here at DWT pride ourselves on the fact that we are not like "other sites".

I think if you are here long enough you will see that we here at DWT are very compassionate. We often give people many chances when there are problems and ban only if backed into a corner. We are very fair, very conscientious and think before we act.

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post

QUOTE LOU: If a user receives 5 infractions--Did you mean points?--**confused**

While I dont quite understand how the points are given, I think it is a good idea as long as the point givers are fair and use judgement on whether someone is complaining to complain about someone(personal grudge) or have a legitimate gripe. I usually report the spam ones just in case one of the mods have not noticed them yet(for some reason I always log on within seconds of the spam post...lol)

Please tell me this means I dont have to hear hints about someones bedroom encounters any longer....
    Each Infraction equals one Point, easy huh?

The only people able to give infractions are the moderators and staff you already have come to rely on as being fair and unbiased, so you can rest easy.

Keep reporting that SPAM. Most of it is from the computer generated posting sites and we still need to know ASAP when it shows up so that it can be handled appropriately. Thanks.

As suggested, not only inappropriate words will garner infractions. We have members from tweens to adults and we have to keep that in mind in all of our conversations. Conversations about other things not appropriate for these forums will be handled accordingly. May I remind everyone, some conversations are more fit for Private Messaging, Private Chat or emails. Thank you for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    If you are worried about your sig size, then you can review the sig guidelines posted here:

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=4089

To these guidelines a new one was added with the introduction of users bars were we ask that you have no more than 2 userbars in a sig.

If you have any questions feel free to ask one of the mods.
    Yeah, what she said!

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    I wonder if, when anybody receives points, other members will be able to see too?
    No. The infractions/points are only visible to Administration, Mods and Staff.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LOL MickeyBabe Explains It ALL starting this fall on a website near you LOL

HEY MB...the Disney store at Robinson grand opens this SAT.

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's for the breakdown. The more I read your post, Mickeybabe, the more I like this idea. The easiest thing to do, if you are questioning whether you should post something or not, chances are, it is something you shouldn't post, so don't.
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Very good idea indeed... I better keep away from them bad influence folks then..
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    LOL MickeyBabe Explains It ALL starting this fall on a website near you LOL

HEY MB...the Disney store at Robinson grand opens this SAT.
    Awww I miss Clarissa.

Unfortunately, after work, I am heading further North on Saturday. (Closer to you )

Besides, the new DisneyStore leaves much to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by dxer07002 View Post
    That's for the breakdown. The more I read your post, Mickeybabe, the more I like this idea. The easiest thing to do, if you are questioning whether you should post something or not, chances are, it is something you shouldn't post, so don't.
    Precisely my dear Watson!

Really, all in all, we have very good members here at DWT so I don't expect too many problems.
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 09-15-2006 at 02:59 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    thats a great idea Lou..keep the boards nice and clean..unlike my bedroom lol JK!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe View Post
    Unfortunately, after work, I am heading further North on Saturday. (Closer to you )
    Besides, the new DisneyStore leaves much to be desired. :
    Really....aww that reeks. I wanted to go down to see the opening. Mickey and Minnie will be there and the Visa card ppl are having signups--$15 Disney Gift Card even if you dont qualify...SIGH...I dont have a place to stay as my rents have plans. They live 10 minutes from the mall..Oh Well SIGH
    Give me a holler via PM if you are close enuf we could wave to each other as you go by....LOL

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegitabeta View Post
    This is a good idea! Kinda like points on your driver's license?
    Only this time it's called your posting license
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    As for the "heathens" that post was deleted because the management misread the statement and did not reflect my personal viewpoint. Furthermore the site I was talking about was not a cast member site but out of respect for Lou nobody needs to know about that site.

I like this site because of the human touch. I deal at a site (do not ask) with mostly kids under 15 years old. I found that if you teach people and show them how to do things the right way then they will grow and do what you want them to do. I have seen some people banned for the stuff you allow here. It is sad to see great assets lost because someone posted wrong or accidently posted a link. One 10 year old spammed so bad that most sites would have banned her but with gentle coaching she is blossoming and posting whole sentences and meaningful posts.

Many times I have almost quit here because of some people but the others, especially Trickster keep me coming back. At other sites it is people like Trickter who keep the site running with their warm friendship.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    So, how many points do I have?

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    As for the "heathens" that post was deleted because the management misread the statement and did not reflect my personal viewpoint. Furthermore the site I was talking about was not a cast member site but out of respect for Lou nobody needs to know about that site.
    WHOA!!!! Down BOY! I was kidding about the heathen thing, as in teasing....I actually read what you originally wrote on that site and understood what you meant by it. I didnt understand why it was blown all out of proportion. Ppl take some things way to personal on a lot of sites I go on. 90% of them Disney related. Dont look at me..I usually keep my mouth shut...
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 09-15-2006 at 09:29 PM.

So, how many points do I have?
    THey lost track of you looooonnnnngggg ago....

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    If I don't post what I'm thinking, but just send it to you in a PM can I get points taken away? You know, time off for good behaviour?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast