Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Site News and Information Discuss User Infractions in the WDWRadio.com forums; Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie If I don't post what I'm thinking, but just send it to you in a PM can I get points taken away? You know, time off ...
    turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    If I don't post what I'm thinking, but just send it to you in a PM can I get points taken away? You know, time off for good behaviour?

silly goose
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    oh.. JUST KIDDING LOU!!!!

lori runs in fear of her first infraction..
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 09-15-2006 at 11:22 PM.

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    vixen101485 as a person who is proud of her lineage of freedom fighters going back to the 1600's I find the word "heathen" offensive. It is a slur against a type of people and is usually used by people who think they are superior against a group of people whom they feel are inferior. .
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    MB????? why did I get edited? I dont even remember what I actually wrote...refresh my memory please. oh wait...never mind.. I remember. Sorry slip of the tongue(or fingers) PM me if it happens again and I will go in and take care of it myself..I Forgot..

Lighten up churchy it was a joke. you know...HA HA I thot all the smilies would give it away that it was. yeesh
    Last edited by vixen101485; 09-16-2006 at 12:27 AM.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    A new feature that we are currently testing and using in the forums involves the use of a User Infraction system.

Infractions can be given to users ONLY by the DWT Staff, Moderators or owner if they post:

SPAMmed advertsisments
    Insult other members/staff
    Signature Rule Violation(s)
    Use Inappropriate Language
    Other inapporpiate behavior

Users will be given a point for each infraction related to a specific post, will receive notification of the infraction being given.. If a user receives 5 infractions, he/she will be temporarily suspended and unable to post.

Again, this syetm is currently in its initial testing and refining phase. If you have any questions, please email me directly.

Thank you.
    I'm fairly new to the boards. Has this been an issue? If not, why the system?

Will the points only visible to staff and not members? If visible to everyone....couldn't this be a problem?
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Is there any way we can get the reputation system going? I love that feature.
    I don't think you want to go there....reputation systems are recipes for disaster. They are rarely helpful and often cause more problems than they potentially solve.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by TiggerRPh View Post
    I'm fairly new to the boards. Has this been an issue? If not, why the system?

Will the points only visible to staff and not members? If visible to everyone....couldn't this be a problem?
    Please go back and read post #18 in this thread. It answers all your questions.
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...5&postcount=18
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Refiner is offline D-Ticket Holder
    TiggerRPH is right, reputation points might not be a good idea... you really don't want to be handed a bunch of red (-) or black beads when green (+) ones are the ones you desire - hehe

... but I know that mod you can really inflate someone's ego real fast. I was on a board where that was used over a year ago and one of the regulars made a thread, where if you posted, you would get green beads (they call them "beads" there)...

good luck with the Infraction Mod, Lou

(hmmm... I think there may be a word censor mod for vBulletin... I'll check on it if you're interested)
    Oooo ... here be dragons! Please visit them.

(aww trying for more little guys).

this infraction thingy sounds cool! its sorta like a game... the one with the most points loses! lol
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    We should try the rep system and see how it works. Some boards don't work well, but DWT might. Let's see.

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    Sledge the rep system does not work even in a well run site like this one. I have seen several sites turn into rep wars with people using rep to flame people, insult ideas and worst is rep begging. It would be like adding two new forums to this site, personally I rather see the mods here working on other things than babysitting rep. Hugs Lou for not having rep.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
    TiggerRPH is right, reputation points might not be a good idea... you really don't want to be handed a bunch of red (-) or black beads when green (+) ones are the ones you desire - hehe

... but I know that mod you can really inflate someone's ego real fast. I was on a board where that was used over a year ago and one of the regulars made a thread, where if you posted, you would get green beads (they call them "beads" there)...

good luck with the Infraction Mod, Lou

(hmmm... I think there may be a word censor mod for vBulletin... I'll check on it if you're interested)
    We already have a word censor in place here at DWT.

Even with that in place, due to the family nature of our boards and the membership ranging from tweens to adults, we request that people refrain from using language and/or beahvior not suitable to a family site.

In otherwords, posting something that reads **** may get you an infraction as easily as more blatent offenses.

As far as the Reputation system is concerned, you need not discuss it here, it is not being implemented here at DWT.

Thank you for assistance and compliance regarding this new system.

I think you all will find that the majority of the members here will not accumulate infractions at all.

Have a wonderful day.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    is there any way i can buy points, you know, get credits, or should i just be suspended now?

and, let me just say, **** luck with the system, hope it ***** out!!!!!

by the way, it's good and works, i put the stars in on purpose, i was being funny, that doesn't count!!!!!
    Last edited by GrumpyDude; 09-18-2006 at 11:10 AM.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    MB????? why did I get edited? I dont even remember what I actually wrote...refresh my memory please. oh wait...never mind.. I remember. Sorry slip of the tongue(or fingers) PM me if it happens again and I will go in and take care of it myself..I Forgot..

Lighten up churchy it was a joke. you know...HA HA I thot all the smilies would give it away that it was. yeesh
    VIXEN!!!!!! Are you causing problems again... you better behave before i come up there with some lightning bolts for ya ... You do know i'm kidding right...
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Hey, the lightning bolts are my job. LOL I just cause problems left and right I suppose--hmmm, my self esteem just went down 2 points. LOL Wonder if that is considered a personal infraction?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast