Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Site News and Information Discuss User Infractions in the WDWRadio.com forums; A new feature that we are currently testing and using in the forums involves the use of a User Infraction system . Infractions can be given to users ONLY by ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

User Infractions

A new feature that we are currently testing and using in the forums involves the use of a User Infraction system.

Infractions can be given to users ONLY by the DWT Staff, Moderators or owner if they post:

SPAMmed advertsisments
    Insult other members/staff
    Signature Rule Violation(s)
    Use Inappropriate Language
    Other inapporpiate behavior

Users will be given a point for each infraction related to a specific post, will receive notification of the infraction being given.. If a user receives 5 infractions, he/she will be temporarily suspended and unable to post.

Again, this syetm is currently in its initial testing and refining phase. If you have any questions, please email me directly.

Thank you.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Fair warning! I'll have to mind my P's and Q's.

Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This is a good idea! Kinda like points on your driver's license?
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully it won't be over done in it's testing stages to see how it'll work though.

Is there any way we can get the reputation system going? I love that feature.

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love this idea. But, if someone is temporarily suspended, how long does that suspension last?
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Very interesting new system. I surely hope that there will be no need to give anyone points, but definately a good way of keeping order.

Good luck with the feature.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Grrreat idea, Lou.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Makes sense, though it's a shame it has to even be considered.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Seems fair-- I try to behave anyway but now I really will have to.

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I,LL MAKE SURE I,M GOOD........DON,T LIKE THE SOUND OF GETTING AN INFRACTION,,,,,,SOUNDS PAINFUL.
    GOOD IDEA FOR KEEPING EVERYTHING JUST AS IT SHOULD BE

I Belle
    Maggie

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Um, are you going to make a list of unacceptable words?

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    There is another site that has a 10 point warning system. I found that personal judgement is more efficient that automatically using the warning system. There is a girl who is 10 years old who spam posts but does not mean it in a bad way. Then there is the boy who posted 15 times just to get into the arcade.

It is an easier way for staff at a site to handle the really bad people using a warning system. I am for your system and will be the first probably not able to post. I feel that banning is usually wrong but it really hurts people when you take their posting priviledges away. I wish the site I am at had a gag type of mechanism instead of banning people.

I just remind you to have some compassion as not everyone is perfect. I do not know if my signature is over sized. One site I know of has a red bar that appears when signatures are over sized.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Churchy, As long as you dont talk about heathens you should be good....J/K LOL
    I lurk over there. lol

QUOTE LOU: If a user receives 5 infractions--Did you mean points?--**confused**
    While I dont quite understand how the points are given, I think it is a good idea as long as the point givers are fair and use judgement on whether someone is complaining to complain about someone(personal grudge) or have a legitimate gripe. I usually report the spam ones just in case one of the mods have not noticed them yet(for some reason I always log on within seconds of the spam post...lol)

Please tell me this means I dont have to hear hints about someones bedroom encounters any longer....

WOW...just realized I finally topped 3000 LOL

towerofterror39 is offline A-Ticket holder
    good idea! Don't worry, I won't cause any trouble! You can count on me.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    I do not know if my signature is over sized. One site I know of has a red bar that appears when signatures are over sized.
    If you are worried about your sig size, then you can review the sig guidelines posted here:

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=4089

To these guidelines a new one was added with the introduction of users bars were we ask that you have no more than 2 userbars in a sig.

If you have any questions feel free to ask one of the mods.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast