Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Site News and Information Discuss Mousefest Article in Orlando Sentinel in the WDWRadio.com forums; Information 'celebrities' descend on Disney Christopher Boyd and Scott Powers Sentinel Staff Writers December 4, 2006 Walt Disney World will be overrun this week by many of its biggest fans ...
    TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Mousefest Article in Orlando Sentinel

Information 'celebrities' descend on Disney

Christopher Boyd and Scott Powers
    Sentinel Staff Writers

December 4, 2006

Walt Disney World will be overrun this week by many of its biggest fans and those who serve them by chronicling the resort's every detail.

MouseFest 2006 invades Disney World on Thursday. The unofficial, international annual convention brings together the people behind independent Disney books, newsletters and Web pages, and those who read them. The conference, which is expected to draw 2,000 people, runs through Dec. 11.

The conference features arranged meetings and activities, and anyone can join in, said co-founder Deb Wills, who runs the Disney fan site, www.tagrel.com. The first events, both starting at 2 p.m. Thursday, will be a Main Street U.S.A. window scavenger hunt at Magic Kingdom, and a tour of Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake, launching from the Polynesian Resort marina.

Among Disney information "celebrities" planning to join in are Louis Mongello of The Walt Disney World Trivia Book; Jennifer and Dave Marx of the PassPorter guide books; Nathan Rose of the www.MagicalMountain.net Disney information site; and Steven Barrett of Hidden Mickeys, the book that details Disney World's penchant for hiding Mickey Mouse's visage in architecture, landscaping and decorations. They are expected at many events, particularly the centerpiece Mega Mouse Meet, Saturday from 1 to 3:30 p.m. in Atlantic Hall A at the Walt Disney Dolphin Resort.

More information and MouseFest guidebooks are available at www.mousefest.org and from organizers during the meets.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    I spotted an error in the article, it says that Deb Wills runs tagrel.com, she is the AllEarsnet owner! Good ole Slantinel
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Not sure I like how we are 'descending', 'overrunning' and 'invading.' Sounds like we're a bunch of hoodlums. 2,000 people are a drop in the daily attendance bucket.

Great that Lou got first listing in the 'celebrities' paragraph. And Nathan's in there too. Nice publicity for both!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Not sure I like how we are 'descending', 'overrunning' and 'invading.' Sounds like we're a bunch of hoodlums. 2,000 people are a drop in the daily attendance bucket.

Great that Lou got first listing in the 'celebrities' paragraph. And Nathan's in there too. Nice publicity for both!
    well maybe that will keep others away shorter lines that way

I noticed the Deb Wills error too ....check your facts people

Mickeymors is offline A-Ticket holder
    You're right Pat! It's great that both Lou and Nathan got listed in the celebrites paragraph. I love Lou but I think he got listed first because M is before R. Which actually means that the Marx's should have come first! But as we all know the Sential does make mistakes.
    Pixie Dust Happens!
    Tarzan still Rocks!

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    well maybe that will keep others away shorter lines that way
    I like this idea...shorter lines at Soarin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymors View Post
    You're right Pat! It's great that both Lou and Nathan got listed in the celebrites paragraph. I love Lou but I think he got listed first because M is before R. Which actually means that the Marx's should have come first! But as we all know the Sential does make mistakes.
    Maybe they listed him first cause they like him best...smart people

Mickeymors is offline A-Ticket holder
    Doubt it! but it doesn't really matter. I doubt that the writers even have a clue about mousefest. Like all good organizers Deb, Dave and Jennifer probably sent out a press release and directed the writers to the website. They probably got the information off of the Mousefest.org site. Which explains the Deb mistake. As stated before lack of research. I dont' mean for this to start a debate about who is liked the best. Names in articles are usually listed alphabetically. I think it's unfair to state that one person at Mousefest is more important or better liked than another. It's starts unneccessary competition. We should be happy that out of all of the websites and authors Lou and Nathan were choosen.
    Pixie Dust Happens!
    Tarzan still Rocks!

timned88 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    personally i think its a nice tribute for both lou and nathan and it validates all of the hard work and dedication they put into the various ways they keep the fans informed. they have both helped me countless times and it makes me happy to see them rewarded like that in a major publication. it makes no difference to me who goes first, last, or in the middle. congrats, dudes!

see you at MF and thanks for everything. lez do it!
    Last edited by timned88; 12-04-2006 at 06:15 PM.

Tim Devine, owner of THE MAGIC IN PIXELS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymors View Post
    Doubt it! but it doesn't really matter. I doubt that the writers even have a clue about mousefest. Like all good organizers Deb, Dave and Jennifer probably sent out a press release and directed the writers to the website. They probably got the information off of the Mousefest.org site. Which explains the Deb mistake. As stated before lack of research. I dont' mean for this to start a debate about who is liked the best. Names in articles are usually listed alphabetically. I think it's unfair to state that one person at Mousefest is more important or better liked than another. It's starts unneccessary competition. We should be happy that out of all of the websites and authors Lou and Nathan were choosen.
    It was a joke....lighten up

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post

It says it runs until December 11th, and I fly in the 12th....coincidence? I think NOT! Bunch of riff raff you all are!

i love you pat
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    It says it runs until December 11th, and I fly in the 12th....coincidence? I think NOT! Bunch of riff raff you all are!

i love you pat
    that's me.....riff raff

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    that's me.....riff raff
    And yet, I love you too.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Luv ya too babe

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post

i love you pat
    Yeah, but not enough to come a day sooner
    j/k, but it would have been fun to see you there
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page