Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss Emails from thread replies in the Community Center forums; I thought I had this option turned off, but it seems "selective." I checked in my user CP and I do have it checked to not receive email notifications of ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Emails from thread replies

I thought I had this option turned off, but it seems "selective." I checked in my user CP and I do have it checked to not receive email notifications of thread replies. However, I get emails from some threads I reply to and not others.

Is there a way to nix all email notification of thread responses?

Special announcements and PMs email notification replies are fine, but I don't need to know that 4 people just recently replied to the 20 question thread.

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I get them for the 20 questions thread, and I would love to know how to turn it off too!

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Yes there is.

To just unsubscribe from some threads:
    1) Go to your User Control Panel
    2) When you open it up, there will be a list of your subscribed threads with a button at the bottom that says "View all subscribed threads" - click on it
    3) Here you can click on little boxes to select threads and then at the bottom there is a drop box next to "Selected threads:" where you can delete any or all of your subscribed threads.

To stop it from subscribing to threads in the future:
    1) Go to your User Control Panel.
    2) Click on "Edit Options"
    3) In the "Messaging and Notification" category, there is a "Default Subscription Mode" subcategory where you can turn of all future thread subscriptions or have is notify about subscribed threads once a day or once a week.

Hope this helps. Let me know if something is confusing and I will try to explain it better.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    but I don't need to know that 4 people just recently replied to the 20 question thread.
    A small portion has to do with when/how you access the site. I do get this same issue now and then. As well as the missed threads. After you have been at the site for X minutes it automatically marks everything 'read'. If two people reply after that time and you are still logged on you may get several emails from it, or the flip side, no emails.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I've had the same problem. At one time I had over 200 e-mails in my go.com account. I think I have it licked now, but it took awhile.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    or do like I do and have it routed to your yahoo (one of em anyway), where they shall be entombed forever.