Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Technical Support Discuss Make them stop! Make them stop! (The emails!) in the Community Center forums; "Dear MainStreet, USA, so-and-so username has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - random thread title - in the WDW Theme Parks forum of Disney World ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Make them stop! Make them stop! (The emails!)

"Dear MainStreet, USA,

so-and-so username has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - random thread title - in the WDW Theme Parks forum of Disney World Trivia .com Forums."

Ok, having been here as long as I have, you would think I'd have gotten the hang of these kinds of things by now, but for some reason, they are starting to come back and haunt me. I know they are just automatic notifications that some form of acticity has taken place in a thread to which I am subscribed, but for some reason, I can no longer make them stop. Prior to the forum facelift and makeover a few weeks back, I was able to set my default thread subscription mode to "no e-mail," which would mean I would still get notification through my user CP, but wouldn't bother me with an e-mail every time someone said "Hello" in one of the threads. For some reason, ever since this switch, regardless of the fact that I still have "no e-mail" selected as my default, I am logging in to my inbox and finding "70 unread messages," all from the DWT.com.

So... any suggestions other than manually unsubscribing from all the threads I don't want constant e-mail from (which is most of them)? It would be nice to remain subscribed so I still get the notification in my user CP, but I'm starting to pull my hair out with all the e-mails! Ah!!!... Make 'em stop!

Thanks.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    You still can stop them. I just dont' remember how.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Go to User CP and look under options. It's there. I promise.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Well, that's what I thought too.

Under "User CP" I go to "Edit Options" and then scroll down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode", where I have selected "No email notification."

And still the emails cometh... in bulk.
    -Don-

I've been having the same problem Don! I have no emails selected as well, but get 300+ a day from instant notifications! Lou told me that he could completely unsubscribe me from my threads, but I don't want to be unsubscribed from my threads....I just want the darn emails to stop!!! I feel your pain!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    For the longest time, I wasn't getting any notification when I wanted it. Now I'm having the same problem that both of you are having. It seems to be a case of feast or famine. I'm trying to remember to check the box at the bottom of each reply I make in a thread, just to double verify my choice, but I had about 50 replies again today. And, yes I have checked the box in my user cp the way I wanted it. I guess it's another case of being careful what you wish for.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ok Don not to be mean or anything but arent you one of those guys that will be flying one of those big flying things in the air, and your having problems telling your computer to stop sending you emails JK hope you find out how maybe it somewhere in the

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    Try this:

1. go to UserCP
    2. choose list subscriptions
    3. on the right hand side there is a box next to each thread
    4. click on each thread
    5. near the bottom there is a box that has a drop down menu
    6. choose "no mail" there and see if that solves your problem.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    At the top of the thread, right above the first message, is a red toolbar. One of the options on the toolbar says "Thread Tools". Click that and you get a little menu of options. If you're logged in, one of the options is a toggle to subscribe to the thread (or unsubscribe if you're already subscribed).

I don't know about stopping them from coming in the first place, but every time I've tried to stop notifications that I'm already receiving, this has worked.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut57 View Post
    Ok Don not to be mean or anything but arent you one of those guys that will be flying one of those big flying things in the air, and your having problems telling your computer to stop sending you emails JK hope you find out how maybe it somewhere in the
    True... most transport category aircraft these days are flown almost exclusively by the autoflight system, with the flight crew only manually flying during the takeoff and landing phases of the flight, leaving the crew to spend the rest of the flight monitoring everything, making changes as required by ATC, and making sure all the automated things are doing what they're supposed to. In fact, sometimes, when both the airport and aircraft involved have the required equipment, some airplanes are capable of actually landing themselves! That still boggles my mind. Computers are taking over my job!

But at least if something starts acting up - like if suddenly the airplane decides it needs to keep telling me over and over that so-and-so in seat 23A just posted in a thread I have subscribed to here at DWT.com - I can always just disengage the autoflight capabilities and fly the dang thing by hand.

Which leads me back to the original problem... sure, I can turn off my computer and just not recieve the e-mails that way. But then I can't visit DWT at all!
    -Don-

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I know that this has nothing to do with emails, but I'm trying to get a countdown ticker from tickerfactory.com and I can't figure out where to paste the URL on this site to make it come up on my signature. The vbulletin says it's an invalid file. I need help.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    I have been having this problem too, gah!
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

I think you can at least change your settings to receive daily notifications instead of instant. That's what I did. Now I only get one email per thread at the end of the day.

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I get no emails...but then I don't subscribe to any. Why would you subscribe to a thread?

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    I think you are "subscribed" to a thread if you post in it
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast