Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss Unable to save file in the Community Center forums; I've never had any problems uploading custom avatars before but now, it won't let me upload anything, I keep getting unable to save file, the files are within the required ...
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Unable to save file

I've never had any problems uploading custom avatars before but now, it won't let me upload anything, I keep getting unable to save file, the files are within the required size limits and in jpeg format. Help! I need a new identity!

Just tried uploading a photo in my gallery and that didn't work either.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    That's really odd there.

I was just able to upload an old avatar of mine to my gallery just now perfectly fine and use that same image as my avatar. It was a gif file, 100 x 100, and 8.96 KB. I was then able to switch back to my current avatar with is a jpg, 100 x 100, and 15.5 KB

When you try to use a custom avatar, do both options not work for you? I think option 1 allows you to link from a website (maybe a photo hosting site such as photobucket may be worth a shot) and option 2 allows you to upload from your computer.

When you are selecting an image, I imagine you aren't having a problem with 100 x 100 pixel size, 19.5 KB or less, or using the file type jpeg...correct? Have you tried using a different file type such as a gif or a png? When you have the image open, do you have an option to save the file as a different type perhaps?

Does anyone know if we have individual limits on our gallery size here on DWT? I'm assuming we do, but I don't pay attention since I don't post my photos here.

Does your error message say anything else besides "unable to save file" ?

Have you maybe tried using different web browsers and/or computer combinations...if that's a possibility for you...?

In the distant past I have had trouble with DWT where I was the only one experiencing the problem. It was a frustrating few days, but eventually it corrected itself just as mysteriously as it started. The same thing may happen to you. Not sure if any of this is helping...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    i was uploading pics for my TR and it was giving me some trouble too so i just messed around with it and they eventually uploaded but i dont know what the problem was?
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    Whenever I have problems I ask my cyber knight (Adam!) He is very good at that sort of thing x x

Well it magically fixed itself because the same avatar I was trying to load all day just loaded.

Thanks for the input everyone.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    I heard from Lou that there was some transferring of forum stuff to a new server that caused hiccups. In my case it was downloading his podcasts, the wdwradio site was down. It has all been fixed
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator