Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss Error after posting in the Community Center forums; Each time after a I post (doesn't matter if it's a PM, thread, or reply) I get a blank screen. In order to see the board again (I just see ...
    tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Error after posting

Each time after a I post (doesn't matter if it's a PM, thread, or reply) I get a blank screen. In order to see the board again (I just see a white screen otherwise) I have to remove the specific link from the address bar in my browser, hit enter, and then will be able to see the board. I've restarted my computer, closed and then reopened the browser, and cleaned cookies. It still happens. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong or what.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    that's not normal behavior, obviously, for the boards. Can you please tell us what kind of computer (windows/mac), operating system (Vista, windows, OSX, etc) and web browser (internet explorer, firefox, safari, etc.) you are using? It might help diagnose the problem.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I didn't think it was normal. That's why I thought it was a problem. I don't problems on any other sites/boards I post on.

I have a windows computer. It has XP on it. I'm using firefox as explorer has started giving me more trouble. I have better luck using firefox.

For example....On this thread I would have to remove this part of the link 16475-error-after-posting.html in order to see the board again which takes me back to the specific forum.

Babby58 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I'm having a similar issue- every time I post I also get a blank screen. If I hit the back arrow, I get back to the original thread without my post. If I then hit recent posts at the top, my post is there. This just started recently- I'd say in the last month.
    Piglet Rules!!

Quote Originally Posted by Babby58 View Post
    I'm having a similar issue- every time I post I also get a blank screen. If I hit the back arrow, I get back to the original thread without my post. If I then hit recent posts at the top, my post is there. This just started recently- I'd say in the last month.
    Sorry that you are also experiencing this same thing but I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. It doesn't keep me from posting but it's frustrating at the same time.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Same thing happens to me about 50% of the time that I use Firefox. Never happens when I use IE. Don't know if that's related, or just coincidental. I'm on my laptop PC running Windows XP.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    For awhile I thought I was the only with this problem because every time I brought it up, no one seemed to be experiencing it or had any idea what I was talking about. Finally, tiggerguy mentioned he was having the same problem with his mac and I forget which browser...

I'm using XP and SeaMonkey. I have since "fixed" the problem for myself. Basically, I just went into my Preferences in my browser and under Advanced I clicked and unclicked various options until I got it to work. For me, I have Java enabled for "Navigator" and "Change Images" only. For other browsers, you'll have to play around to see what works for you.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I'll see later if it happens with IE and if I have it happen when I'm on the laptop as well. I just thought if it was something on my end it would happen with other sites as well.

Refiner is offline D-Ticket Holder
    the status bar is showing "waiting on skype status" for me

this is happening in Firefox here (IE crashes on this computer with multiple tabs grrr)

my skype status should be showing as "offline" because I am not at home right now, but apparently something is breaking down in the communication between skype and vbulletin
    Oooo ... here be dragons! Please visit them.

(aww trying for more little guys).

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I have this issue in Firefox and Safari on my mac but not in IE. It's probably some sort of coding that is specific to IE to redisplay the page.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

I tried posting in IE and didn't have the problem. Now here is the strange thing. In some forums I am still having it and other times I don't. How strange is that?