Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss Odd Post Date Anomaly in the Community Center forums; I've been noticing lately that some threads are listed in the forums as having new posts, with someone posting within the last 24 hours, but when I go to read ...
    Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder

Question Odd Post Date Anomaly

I've been noticing lately that some threads are listed in the forums as having new posts, with someone posting within the last 24 hours, but when I go to read the thread, the last post was from months, if not years, ago. It's starting to become more frequent. As an example, in the Miscellaneous forum, the thread "Poll: Top Ten" states that bucknut20 posted yesterday at 9:36pm. When you view the thread, it says the last post (which is by bucknut20) was 09-04-2007, 11:54 AM.

It's much more of an annoyance than a major problem, but I figured it was worth noting.

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    If a thread has a poll and someone votes in it, the thread will show up as having a new post. Since the person voting didn't post a comment, the date and time shows up as for when the vote was cast, but it will still show the name of the last poster.

Are you only noticing it on threads with a poll, or is it happening on other threads?

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Considering I can't find any other examples right now, I guess it's just the polls. I'll post in this thread should it happen elsewhere, but I'll consider the matter closed and blame it on my ignorance!

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.