Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss Posts removed or forum rollback? in the Community Center forums; I got two emails overnight of new posts in threads I was subscribed to, but those posts don't appear to exist now. There was nothing about these particular posts that ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Posts removed or forum rollback?

I got two emails overnight of new posts in threads I was subscribed to, but those posts don't appear to exist now. There was nothing about these particular posts that would warrant their removal - was there a forum DB rollback last night?

Here are the links to the threads:

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...-new-post.html

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...-new-post.html
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I sure don't have an answer for you however know you are not alone. Weird little gremlins seem to be twarting normal operations the last few weeks.
    Green lights remaining on after logging off and at times taking its sweet time to turn on once you've logged in.

I last week was changing my avatar and somehow went into hiding.
    Brian explained to me how to get out of hiding however, I was never in that
    portion of the User CP. http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ly-online.html

Hopefully as we report these weird happenings the fine tech's will find the glitches.

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    here is the answer.

The author of the posts was replying to a number of old threads with messages that made little sense or saying "I agree" they were just doing it to build up enough posts so they could post a link to their website.

This is considered spam and they were removed.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    here is the answer.

The author of the posts was replying to a number of old threads with messages that made little sense or saying "I agree" they were just doing it to build up enough posts so they could post a link to their website.

This is considered spam and they were removed.
    There seemed to be a bit more meat to the posts given the emails I received, which is why I asked. If they were "meetoos" or something like that I would have understood. They may not have advanced the discussions, but they didn't seem to be post spam either.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    I reviewed the links to the posts in your post thinking I may have made a mistake, I found that they were exact copies of posts or parts of posts located in those threads.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Aha! You are correct...in fact, I didn't recognize that both of the postings I referenced were copies of parts of my own! I'm getting old...

Thanks very much for checking...I know this forum software can give troubles at times, so I wanted to be sure.
    Doc