Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Technical Support Discuss Where are the green arrows???? in the Community Center forums; The green arrows on the side of a thread are my guiding light, they were next to every thread that I respond to (on the old forums) but now I'm ...
  1. #1
    GIOny's Avatar
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,885

    Where are the green arrows????

    The green arrows on the side of a thread are my guiding light, they were next to every thread that I respond to (on the old forums) but now I'm not seeing them on all the threads that I have posted on. It always had a green arrow whether I was the last one to post or not, please tell me this is just temporary and that the green arrows will be back on every thread that I respond to.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!















  2. #2
    MandaBella's Avatar
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24,436
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    The green arrows on the side of a thread are my guiding light, they were next to every thread that I respond to (on the old forums) but now I'm not seeing them on all the threads that I have posted on. It always had a green arrow whether I was the last one to post or not, please tell me this is just temporary and that the green arrows will be back on every thread that I respond to.
    If you are looking for a method to keep track of the threads you frequent, you can do that via your User CP. In there every thread you are subscribed to is listed. It's how I manage threads I like to keep track of on here.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...


  3. #3
    Stitch's Avatar
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    8,325
    I've never noticed green arrows. I always use the recent posts and go by the bolded threads.

  4. #4
    GIOny's Avatar
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    If you are looking for a method to keep track of the threads you frequent, you can do that via your User CP. In there every thread you are subscribed to is listed. It's how I manage threads I like to keep track of on here.
    Thanks Amanda, I do use the User CP for threads I go to daily but for example when I go to Welcome people on the Introduce Yourself boards, these are not threads I subscribe to but when I go to the page it's easy to see who I have already Welcomed just by going down the page and seeing which one has a green arrow. I'm seeing now over here (on the new forum) that ones I have already posted on don't all have the green arrow. I'm probably confusing you more, I think I even lost track of what I was talking about
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!















  5. #5
    MandaBella's Avatar
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24,436
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    Thanks Amanda, I do use the User CP for threads I go to daily but for example when I go to Welcome people on the Introduce Yourself boards, these are not threads I subscribe to but when I go to the page it's easy to see who I have already Welcomed just by going down the page and seeing which one has a green arrow. I'm seeing now over here (on the new forum) that ones I have already posted on don't all have the green arrow. I'm probably confusing you more, I think I even lost track of what I was talking about
    I have noticed the green arrows in the past, but never thought to use them. I can see how that would have acted as your "guiding light."
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...


  6. #6
    Lou Mongello's Avatar
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    9,728
    trying to figure out what little green arrow you're referring to.

    Is it this one?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42


  7. #7
    GIOny's Avatar
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    trying to figure out what little green arrow you're referring to.

    Is it this one?
    No Lou, it's this..... I'm finding them on a few posts but they use to be on all the posts I responded to weather I subscribed to the post or not. Any chance of getting them back.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!















  8. #8
    Lou Mongello's Avatar
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    9,728
    Now I'm really confused... you said green arrow but the little red envelope is what you were referring to? Was it in that column or next to it?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42


  9. #9
    tiggerguy's Avatar
    tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    amongst the loonies
    Posts
    17,412
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    The green arrows on the side of a thread are my guiding light, they were next to every thread that I respond to (on the old forums) but now I'm not seeing them on all the threads that I have posted on. It always had a green arrow whether I was the last one to post or not, please tell me this is just temporary and that the green arrows will be back on every thread that I respond to.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    No Lou, it's this..... I'm finding them on a few posts but they use to be on all the posts I responded to weather I subscribed to the post or not. Any chance of getting them back.


    If you see an arrow on the envelope that means you have a post in that thread, the color has changed.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

  10. #10
    GIOny's Avatar
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    Now I'm really confused... you said green arrow but the little red envelope is what you were referring to? Was it in that column or next to it?
    sorry for the confusion, I seem to have a knack for that I guess it was in the same column as the red envelope but Brian explained that it has changed color, though I am seeing both now the green arrow and the red envelope.

    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    If you see an arrow on the envelope that means you have a post in that thread, the color has changed.
    Thanks Brian

    One more question while I'm at it, the boards seem to be very slow, not sure if is just the site or this pc, any other complaints about that??
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!















Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •