Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss Latest Post section in the Community Center forums; When attempting to access a thread through the Latest Post section, for some reason it takes you to the very first page of the thread rather than the, well, latest ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Latest Post section

When attempting to access a thread through the Latest Post section, for some reason it takes you to the very first page of the thread rather than the, well, latest post. If you go in through the entire section to see the individual threads, you can access a thread through the Last Page link.

My question is, can we set up the forums so that clicking on a thread in the Latest Post section automatically defaults to the newest post there? It would cut down on clicks and speed up the process for users.

Hope I've explained this one sufficiently. It all makes sense in my head, at least.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    1. Are you talking about the "New Posts" in the blue title bar, and
    2. are you clicking on the thread name?

If you click on thread name, that will bring you to page one.
    To get to the latest post, click on the little blue "V" and that should bring you to the first "unread" post of the thread
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Re: Latest Post section

Thanks for the reply. I click on "Forum" at the top, and if I click on the individual thread showing as the most recent post in that section, it does bring me to the first unread post. However, if I scroll down to the very bottom (under the Top 5 Stats section, right column of Latest Posts), when I click on the thread, it takes me to the first post, not the newest one.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I click on "Forum" at the top, and if I click on the individual thread showing as the most recent post in that section, it does bring me to the first unread post. However, if I scroll down to the very bottom (under the Top 5 Stats section, right column of Latest Posts), when I click on the thread, it takes me to the first post, not the newest one.
    Unfortunately that is how it is designed to work

BUT! The name listed there is the latest poster. Just click on the blue arrow next to the name to get to the to the newest (or first unread) post
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Sounds good. Thanks for looking into it, at least!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Is the "Latest Forum Post" bar on the home page, open for anyone?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/