Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss Please get rid of the MyWebFace ads in the Community Center forums; There are "ads" appearing in the forums, that instead of being the typical banner ad, they instead replace the current forum page with a new page for their service. You ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Please get rid of the MyWebFace ads

There are "ads" appearing in the forums, that instead of being the typical banner ad, they instead replace the current forum page with a new page for their service. You can't get to the forums without manually returning to them. Even if you click back, you are redirected to the ad page after a second. They are incredibly annoying and make it difficult to follow a thread.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Please get rid of the MyWebFace ads

Doc, which web browser are you using to view the forums? Sometimes these ads are not purchased by the site's owner. Firefox has a program called AdBlockerPlus that allows you to block out any ads and images you choose. Works great for me.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Doc, which web browser are you using to view the forums? Sometimes these ads are not purchased by the site's owner. Firefox has a program called AdBlockerPlus that allows you to block out any ads and images you choose. Works great for me.
    I use firefox, but I don't use AdBlockerPlus because it interferes with other things I need to work.

If they are getting them through a general ad network, they need to determine which one and notify them they are sending improperly formatted ads.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

My AdBlocker doesn't interefere with anything, from what I've seen. It simply allows me to choose which ads/windows I want to block. Otherwise, I'm able to stream music, have the pop up windows I need, etc. Which programs (or types) is it blocking for you so that I know what to look out for in the future. Thanks!
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: the MIVU ads

I am having this problem again. It has been a while but the past several days it is bad again. More on the Forum Main Page for me.

I do have an AdBlocker and a Pop Up Blocker. This is the only sight that I am experiencing this. No other websites or other Disney Forums isolate to WDWR. I am not getting it on the WDWR Home Page. Go Figure.

Anyhow today's web ad that keeps coming back and back again is very inappropriate for a family sight. It is an ad for MIVU for meeting new people. It is cartooned however the "couples" are in very suggestive positions and acts.

X out to see forums and then you get a larger version. Yikes.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I've been hit with mywebface ads on two other sites now. One is another disney forum, and another was a news web site. Sigh...I've put in a couple of blocks on my network...
    Doc

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I am fortunate that it is only on WDWR for me.

This time it was just a little to suggestive not to say something.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I remember they were having an issue here a while back with those stupid "You won!" audio tracks playing over ads, but they were able to fix it. I haven't had any problems since then, and the site no longer comes up as potentially dangerous when I use IE.